Head Chef - Dereham. No split shifts. No evenings! £22k
At Select Norwich we are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a Head Chef. The client is a very well established business that operates in Dereham.
The client has recently completed their kitchen extension and are looking to employ a Head Chef & Chef de Partie to join their café team. If you have a passion for food and want to be part of a friendly team then this is the role for you!
Our chef's are promoting a more efficient and effective "café culture". The ideal candidate will have the drive and enthusiasm to create lovely dishes that can maximise profits whilst utilising all ingredients at their disposal.
Ordering and menu production
Development of theme nights and special events
Maximising the use of all stock including short dated items to minimise wastage
- Portion Control and costings
Experience and Skills required
- As Head Chef you will need to be competent in home-made cooking such as home-made lasagna and home-made cottage pie
- Confident in managing and leading
- The client is happy to look at a Sous Chef looking to take that next exciting step
- As Head Chef you will need to be calm natured as the kitchen is open in the cafe
- Creative with the "Specials Board" and passionate about using fresh local ingredients
- Good team manager and confident in leading the kitchen team to success
Salary and Benefits
- Fantastic work life balance - NO LATE NIGHTS (Café is open
7 days a week, between 07.00am and 17.00pm Sunday to Thursday and 07.00am and 20.30pm Friday & Saturday.
- Starting salary from £19k - £22k DOE
- Plus tips (which average 40p - 50p per hour)
- No ridiculous hours - 30-40 hours per week with 28 days holiday
- NO SPLIT SHIFTS
- Staff qualify for 50% discount on food and drink purchased in the café
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this website. For further information please contact Charlie Papworth on at our Norwich office.