Lead Software Developer
Our Client a National Award winning organisation are looking to appoint a Lead Software Developer for their Newcastle upon Tyne office. The position is to be based within the IT services team, covering application design, development, testing. The Project team provides Project Management including Business Analysis Services, Supporting colleagues in the successful delivery of their projects.
- Design and Develop high quality software systems to support the clients business needs.
- Design and define application architecture.
- Lead by example, demonstrating best practice and supporting Software Developers and Testers in the team.
- Responsible for architecture definition, system structure, the logical view, the physical view, the architecture principles and security.
- Work with the Technical Team Leader to determine the most appropriate project methodology and approach.
- Assess the level of risk of any change on the technical architecture and communicate this to the Technical Team Leader.
- Deputise for the Technical Team Leader as and when necessary.
- Provide leadership on development and testing areas.
- Actively participate in daily Scrums.
- Review product items.
- Maintain and improve source code control, build process, continuous integration, automated testing, coding standards, coding guidelines, project practices.
- Develop user interfaces.
- Build and unit test software in accordance with clients QA Standards.
- Proven software development experience in a lead developer role.
- Experience of leading on architecture definition, system structure, the logical view, the physical view, the architecture principles and security.
- Experience of translating business specifications into technical specifications.
- Strong Microsoft.NET, ASP.NET, MVC, web services and SSIS skills.
- Skilled in SQL server 2008 and XML
- Knowledge of .NET frameworks
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of Developing Microsoft Dynamics CRM extensions
- Experience of developing BizTalk server solutions.