Accountant/ Tax Advisor
Competex Limited are looking to recruit a new member of our accounts and tax team.
The role will be based at our Reigate office and is 3-5 days a week, with some flexibility. The role will be to prepare personal tax returns, accounts preparation, corporate tax and management of client filing deadlines. The job would suit a qualified accountant or tax accountant with a practice background. A person qualified by relevant experience may also be considered. It is important that the person has a strong accounting knowledge.
- To prepare annual accounts and tax computations for Competex clients, in accordance with HMRC deadlines.
- To complete and file personal tax returns before the due date, to avoid penalties.
- Gather accurate information.
- Ensure accurate and correct interpretation and recording of the above information and challenge information if it does not appear to be in accordance with general accounting practice or tax legislation.
- Prepare annual financial statements and tax computations for clients on a timely basis.
- Ensure deadlines are met and adhered to.
- Ensure that clients are satisfied with the accounts, tax computation and general advice and that all requests are dealt with in a speedy, efficient and effective manner.
- Keep up to date with client and HMRC correspondence and files.
- Complete all allocated personal tax returns and ensure that they are filed to HMRC before the deadline on 31st January.
- Assist the accounts department with general tax queries.
- Ensure compliance with Money Laundering Regulations and ICAEW ethical guidelines.
Experience of accounts preparation, business tax, VAT and personal tax
Experience of EIS/SEIS and R&D tax credits a bonus
Bookkeeping experience and knowledge of IRIS, Sage, Freeagent a bonus
Excellent attention to detail and record keeping
Excellent organisational skills and ability to think logically
Team player with a flexible nature
Computer literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
Up to date technical knowledge, particularly with personal and corporate tax.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Competitive holiday allowance plus statutory bank holidays.