Maintenance Engineer Mechanically Biased
Direct Workforce are working with our well established client to recruit for an experienced Maintenance Engineer with Mechanical Bias to maintain, service and repair production machinery in a food production business based near to Scunthorpe.
The role is to work with the engineering colleagues and Section Leaders to ensure the continuous running of machinery and equipment.
Planned or preventative maintenance to include:
• Making regular checks on machinery according to a planned schedule.
• Carrying out regular maintenance work such as oiling and cleaning.
• Replacing parts on a planned basis after a certain number of hours run.
• Checking and calibrating instruments used in the process to ensure accuracy.
Emergency Maintenance to include:
• Immediate reaction to a problem ie breakdown of equipment.
• Have a working knowledge of the machinery to enable the fault to be diagnosed.
• Have the ability to rectify the fault with minimum delay.
• Must be available out of hours in case of emergency.
The post holder must ensure that they adhere to all Health and Safety precautions as required by the Company policies and procedures i.e. the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times, ear protection must be used in conjunction with the equipment maintenance and repair requirements to ensure continued safe working practice.
In times of your absence to ensure that colleagues fully understand and have written instruction as to how you require your role to be covered. This should be discussed and communicated with the Lead Engineer.
To operate a clean as you go approach within the workplace.
To act in a professional manner at all times and be an ambassador for the Company and courteous to colleagues.
To undertake any other reasonable duties within the overall function equal with the level of responsibility for the post as directed by your direct line manager.
All candidates should be experienced within Mechanical Fitting/ Engineering role, ideally from a food manufacturing background.
- Recognised standard of education in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering/Building Services
- Be able to deliver continuous improvement initiatives.
- To have a strong work ethos and demonstrate this through positive behaviour towards the goals of the organisation
- At least 3 years experience in food or allied industry, Haccp knowledge would be a distinct advantage.
- Show commitment both to the organisation and the team
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate to all levels of staff, from operatives to senior management
Hours are Monday – Friday, willingness to cover overtime, rotating shift 6:30-16:00 and 9am - Finish. Our client can offer annual leave, Free parking, Pension & discount on produce