Our client is an innovative, progressive company which leads the market in Fit out, refurbishment and Construction, with cutting edge, visionary designs and creative solutions.
Based in Liverpool, they are a highly respected, experienced company, offering a range of services from small works and minor alterations to million pound plus 'turnkey’ projects, providing tailor made solutions to meet the Clients every need. Client focus and avantgarde solutions are the key to their success.
Relationship Management is crucial in developing a strong working relationship with senior decision makers within customer business, and this is achieved by developing an understanding of their business structure, goals and future requirements so our solutions allow them to fulfil their vision and their growth plans.
Due to continued growth, they are seeking to expand their dynamic Contracts Team and looking for a Project Manager, with at least 5 years’ extensive experience in the Commercial fit out and refurbishment arena looking after a variety of projects from enquiry through to handover. Project values typically range from £20k through to £1 million.
The Role Reporting directly to the Contracts Director, the Project Manager is a Client Facing role with responsibilities that include the Planning, Management and delivery of Projects from inception to Final Account.
This role offers the rare opportunity of true ownership of the whole life cycle of the project, including the development of the project specification, programme of works, estimation and coordination of materials and the resourcing of the project, through to Contract Administration, production of Change Orders and updating of all records to ensure Projects are completed on time and to budget.
The Project Manager will also be responsible for the management and delivery of the onsite team, including direct Tradespeople, site supervision, management of Contractors and the fulfilment of all H & S, CDM and RAM requirements.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the following key areas:
• Ability to advise and guide Clients on design and build process’s
• Have a good understanding of products and materials and provide Clients with cost effective recommendations and solutions
• Ability to take complete control of a project and deliver on time and to Client satisfaction
• The ability to coordinate all direct and indirect labour costs and material
• The ability to interpret and develop the Clients brief, with a clear understanding of budgets and project minimum requirements
• The skills to develop and produce a fully costed Client proposal and reports
• An excellent understanding of commercial terms with the ability to negotiate staged payments and additional out of scope payments when necessary
• An excellent understanding of Contracts and the ability to recognise commercial impacts and mitigate these without conflict
The successful candidate will have
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to liaise with external Clients and all levels of staff internally
• Excellent people management skills
• Excellent negotiation skills and an understanding of conflict management
• Excellent IT skills, specifically Microsoft Projects and Excel
• Excellent working knowledge of current regulations, programming and cost control
• Excellent commercial awareness with ability to recognise future opportunities and profit maximisation
• The ability to develop and build long term Client relationships
• The ability to manage Contractors on site and ensure all statutory regulations are met, including H & S
Candidates must also be able to prove that they have the tenacity and drive to see a project through to fruition in a fast-paced environment and be confident to manage our client’s customers’ expectations in line with budgets.
Although training will be given, we want someone who has a thirst to learn and an eagerness to go the extra mile.
• Salary negotiable between £40k to £50k based on experience
• Medicash Healthcare after 3 months service
• 20 days Annual Leave plus Bank holidays
• A company vehicle or expenses for use of own vehicle
If you have the relevant skills and experience we are looking for and are keen to develop your career in a friendly and dynamic organisation, please forward your CV quoting reference AI001