We are looking for ICT professionals to join our award winning dynamic team as we plan our next phase of strategic improvement activities in support of the NBS group, to drive their business growth strategies. The systems that are supported have been developed and are operated to exacting professional standards to provide the necessary level of resilience and assurance demanded in the financial services sector.
We use technology to create better ways of doing business for our members, clients and customers. We need to recruit a product specialist to help us define the problems we want to solve. If you've got the combination of great people skills and excellent attention to detail we need, we can offer you the chance to make a big impact and build a career in an organisation that has an established pedigree in the NE Fintech space.
As a Product Specialist at NSML you'll work in a multi-disciplinary team. On a typical day you could be working closely with business users to understand how we can help them by building products or changing their service design. Or you might be working with outsourced clients to understand the next set of features for their organisation. Or you could be looking at ground breaking functions to take our proposition in the market forward. It’s a really exciting time to be working in the Fintech arena.
What you'll do:
- Facilitate and lead workshops that generate concepts for our products
- Work with colleagues from our business to identify and define epics and user stories
- Work with delivery teams to makes sure services are aligned to identified needs
- Be a role model for agile, lean and continuous delivery best practices
- Support development of the product vision, objectives and product roadmap
- Undertake and communicate the results of technical analysis in a way that ensures there is clarity and sign-off on requirements and specifications
To be successful as a Product Specialist at NSML, you'll need to recognise that the user's experience of a product is paramount and the key underpinning principle in the development process. You'll be able to adapt and learn new technologies and techniques, and apply yourself to any challenge. You must understand how the web works to deliver effective user outcomes.
What you'll bring:
- Great communication skills with the ability to collaborate with all kinds of stakeholders from within the team, our sister organisations in the group and a broad range of multi-national client teams, from processing users to board level
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Demonstrable experience in business analysis, ideally in an agile and product based environment
- A technical background or understanding and in particular how the web works
- Exceptional attention to detail so you can accurately map user stories and get right into the genuine user need
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with a focus on benefits realisation
The usual benefits of working in a professional ICT organization are provided, including: modern development tools, techniques and equipment, flexible working in a professional atmosphere where innovation and Continuing Professional Development is very actively encouraged. We offer a competitive salary and a company pension scheme. We are looking for dynamic individuals who can bring their passion, drive and experience to NSML to help us leverage the current advances in ICT delivery approaches, tools and techniques for business advantage.
Newcastle Building Society (NBS) is the biggest building society in the North East with more branches than any other society in the region. We are the eighth largest in the UK with assets in excess of £3.4 billion.
As a fully owned subsidiary of the Newcastle Building Society group, NSML develops the Fintech platforms that our sister company NSSL uses to deliver out-sourced 'white label’ savings management for 15 significant multi-national financial services clients, managing £18bn+ of funds. We also support the Newcastle Building Society and provide savings and mortgage platforms on a systems only basis to our own clients. We pride ourselves on our investment and track record in innovative technology solutions and professional ICT delivery approach. We support a number of business critical web based and mobile transactional applications allied to robust back-office platforms.