gap technical are proud to be representing this rapidly growing engineering business in their search for a Installation & Service Engineer to work at their facility based near Monmouth.
The company are going through a strong period of growth and looking to add to their experienced team. This is an excellent opportunity for an engineer looking for a diverse role within a challenging and rewarding environment.
- Building of new units including electrical fit out to your level of competency
- Preparation and maintenance of units in accordance with either company standards or job specifics
- Carrying out FAT checks on units as part of build or delivery
- Ensuring works carried out by yourself and others is in line with company Health and Safety policies
- Aiding in yard operations as and when needed
- Have sufficient knowledge of our safety systems to ensure you work in line with existing Work Instructions, Procedures, and Risk Assessments, and constructively challenge and improve systems where needed
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and organised warehouse, work area, and yard
- Responsible for the day to day preparation of equipment and meeting of dispatch dates
- Be knowledgeable of the Business Processes relevant to your area of work, help maintain them and contribute to their continual improvement
- Maintain good communications between line manager, yard operatives, and engineering to help achieve tasks in the interests of the company.
- Teamwork: Be a team player! Contribute positively to the team spirit, maintain good communications with colleagues, and assist others when needed.
- On occasion assistance with installation or delivery of process equipment on UK sites may be requested (pipe fitting etc.)
- As part of the ops team you may be required to step in to cover for team members i.e. as store man or yard hand
- Ensuring units dispatched are in line with required specification being FAT tested and free from defect
- Help achieve Customer Requested Delivery (CRD) dates through planning, preparation and building of required units/systems
- Conduct equipment preparation, installation and service duties incorporating electrical, mechanical and instrumentation work (where deemed competent).
- Conduct testing of equipment pre-dispatch for hire and sale and complete associated paperwork
- Assist in establishing and implementing relevant standards and specifications for company equipment, installations, and business processes.
- Maintain good communications with Logistics and Line Manager and relevant engineering staff regarding equipment requirements to ensure efficient planning and dispatch of correct equipment.
- Maintaining and operating fork lifts/telehandler (subject to valid forklift license)
- Adhere to company systems and procedures and assist in their ongoing development.
- Operating in an efficient manner to achieve goals and targets set
- Handling of equipment/parts in such a way to avoid unnecessary damage and as such unnecessary cost to the company
Please send your CV and call David at gap technical on
If you have any questions or are interested in any other opportunities we may have, please do not hesitate to contact on
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of gap technical who are operating as an employment agency.
gap technical are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job.
Closing Date: 09/08/2017