OVERVIEW: LEARNING ASSISTANT
We are seeking to appoint a Learning Assistant to join an established and expanding private training provider based in the North West.
This vacancy is full time, permanent and is centre based in Liverpool.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: LEARNING ASSISTANT
You will be supporting a learner and helping them to overcome barriers to education in the classroom and around the centre, providing in-class support, delivering mentoring and support sessions, and planning and delivering a wide range of extra-curricular activities which promote learning.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: LEARNING ASSISTANT
- Providing in-class support for a named student with diagnosed support needs, particularly around behaviour
- Planning and delivering 1-2-1 mentoring/support sessions with identified student on a range of subjects that may be hindering individual learning
- Providing regular written reports on your work as a Learning Mentor to the Centre Manager and Safeguarding Manager
- Ensuring your Line Manager is informed immediately of any concerns in relation to the student you mentor/support
- Complying with company Safeguarding policy and procedures relating to all learners
- Planning and delivering a wide range of extra-curricular activities which promote learning
- Liaising with both the Centre Manager and Safeguarding Manager, keeping them well informed about the student that you mentor/support
- Attending team meetings and those that are specifically in relation to the student that you mentor/support, such as multi-agency meetings
- Attending college and relevant wider-based training sessions as required or necessary
- Maintaining accurate records on the named student which measure the impact of your intervention using college CPOMS system
- Attending meetings and undertaking duties as reasonably directed by the Centre Manager
SALARY/BENEFITS: LEARNING ASSISTANT
- Starting salary of £15,000 per annum
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.