Field Service Engineer
Randstad Engineering are currently working on behalf of a leading material handling companies in the UK. We are looking for a mobile engineering to visit customer sites and carry out the necessary tasks. You will receive training, a van, mobile and laptop all available for private use too. Is this role for you?Job Purpose
To carry out service and repairs to equipment on customer sites in a safe, professional and cost effective manner, maintaining documentation of all works carried out in line with Health and Safety and Quality procedures.Responsibilities
- To service and repair forklift trucks.
- To provide reliable information to the customer with regards to maintenance, consultation on repairs and to provide advice on the use of STILL equipment.
- To carry out inspections and monitor the safety of the repaired and maintained trucks.
- To liaise with the Service Controller, customer and Regional Service Manager to ensure information regarding individual forklifts and equipment is shared including damage or requests for a replacement truck in the event of a long repair, as well as keeping all relevant parties up to date with the progress of work activities.
- To work closely with the Sales team and refer leads.
- To accurately complete job sheets, timesheets and purchase requisition and parts paperwork within the required timescales.
- To make proposals for the improvement of the implementation of work activities and working conditions.
- To ensure Health & Safety standards, regulations and procedures are abided by at all times.
- To take responsibility for all equipment and tooling (including van/laptop/printer etc) and ensure that it is in a safe condition for the type of work being undertaken.
- To obtain customer purchase orders and signed authorisation to carry out work.
- To take responsibility for van weight and safe/roadworthy condition before use.
- To take full responsibility for stock on van and assigned to jobs raised.
- To work to and understand KPIs relating to service, admin and stock.
- To work to strict planned schedules and deadlines.
- To ensure quality standards and procedures are abided by at all times.
- To ensure that a clean and safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- To actively participate in training days, work meetings and other meetings for the exchange of information. To deliver first class customer service at all times.
- Flexibility with hours will be necessary with overtime premiums payable. In addition the successful candidate will be expected to work on a call-out rota.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be required to enable the Group to meet future plans.
- Field Based Role
- Up to £35,000 + per year
- Van, Mobile, Laptop all supplied for private use also
- ASAP Start
- Great family feel enviroment
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.