Finance Director Job within a well established Liverpool group of companies. Salary £90,000 to £120,000 Bonus.
Your new company
A well established international business which operates in niche market sectors. This business is a growing division within a large group. The division has 3 operating companies which are consolidated into a group. As Finance Director you will be responsible for the financial strategy, management and direction of this highly autonomous division, as well as managing relationships with bankers, lawyers and auditors. You will have a high degree of decision making power to help the division grow and boost profitability.
This job would particularly suit an individual with experience of doing business in overseas locations.
Your new role
* With the Executive Team, continue the development of strategic thinking and practice in line with the Group's strategic principles and expressed values.
* Lead the development of a financial strategy and allocation of equity and check that the financial plans for each business are stretching.
* Provide day-to-day operational support to the senior team in order to optimise financial and business performance.
* Attendance at and full contribution to all Board and Executive team meetings, Audit and Risk Committee.
- Oversee consolidation and reporting of monthly results, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets.
- Ensure robust planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Manage statutory reporting obligations for the Division on an accurate and timely basis including production of Annual Report and Accounts, and all banking obligations liaising as appropriate with Board members and external advisers to narrative elements.
* Ensure the effective leadership of the financial activities of the business and the implementation of good practice supported by first class financial discipline.
* Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure a rigourous financial framework, with a particular focus on cash management and working capital.
* Ensure the division has sufficient liquidity to meet its requirements and operates in accordance with its ongoing banking obligations.
* Continually improve cash management and banking relationships and implement first class treasury practices.
* Proactively monitor and manage cash flows and influence capital expenditure and working capital management.
* Recommend and implement hedging options to manage foreign exchange and commodity risks.
External Advisors & Tax & Pensions
* Manage the relationships with all external financial advisors. These include the auditors and tax advisors, banks, company lawyers and pension advisors.
* Undertake tax planning to optimise the division' Tax position.
Acquisitions and Disposals
* Act with Managing Director as the principal point of contact for, and manage, lawyers, reporting accountants and bankers and advisers for any acquisitions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant, ACA, ACCA or CIMA.
- Previous experience as a CFO, or of leading finance in an operating division of a larger company.
- A successful background in a challenging commercial environment.
- Exposure to international business - ideally setting up operations in new jurisdictions including all local tax and reporting requirements.
- Experience gained beyond finance, ideally through general management or commercial responsibility.
- Good strategic development experience and demonstrates a track record of working closely with Senior Executives on the successful growth and development of a business.
What you'll get in return
This exciting job offers an excellent salary of between £90,000 and £120,000. A discretionary bonus of up to 30%, a car allowance of £9000 and excellent benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.