Social Worker - Children With Disabilities - Redhill
Surrey County Council is committed to supporting those in the organisation who are under redeployment. Therefore this role will be open exclusively to the redeployment pool of candidates for 7 days from posting on the redeployment site.
£32,839 per annum for 36 hours per week based at Consort House 5-7 Queensway, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1YB We are looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children with disabilities.
The role is for 36 hours per week based in Redhill at Consort House 5-7 Queensway Redhill Surrey RH11 1YBl . In return for your time we can offer challenging and rewarding work as well as:
• £2,000 Start up package scheme (£1,000 in your first month’s pay, £1,000 in your sixth month)
• 28 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays (with option to buy and sell leave)
• Relocation allowance up to £8,000 (subject to criteria)
• A wide variety of training and development opportunities
• Flexible working options
• Commitment to Career Progression
• Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
• Many more benefits under our internal rewards scheme
Flexible working supported where possible, laptop and mobile supplied. 24 days annual leave, local government salary-related pension offered, discounted child care vouchers as well as the option to join the car lease scheme.
For more information, please visit http://new.surreycc.gov.uk/jobs/mybenefits-exclusive-for-surrey-county-council-staff">MyBenefits for Surrey County Council staff.
An enhanced DBS ‘Disclosure and Barring Service’ check for regulated activity (formerly known as CRB) and the Children’s and Adults’ Barred List checks will be required for this role
About the Role
Surrey County Council’s Children with Disabilities Team aims to safeguard and promote the welfare and development of disabled children whilst supporting children to be cared for by their families at home. We do this by working closely with children, parents/ carers and colleagues in other agencies.
Surrey’s Children with Disabilities Team based in Redhill covers the East of Surrey. The team comprises Social Workers and Family Support Workers and is part of a well resourced Countywide Children with Disabilities Service that incorporates the following:
• A County Wide Occupational Therapy Team
• A dedicated home based Personal Support Team
• Two specialist residential short break services.
• A dedicated Short Breaks Team that collaborates with voluntary sector
• colleagues to provide extensive leisure and other services and support for
• disabled children and their families.
This is a good time to join a dedicated team for disabled children as there have been many new and innovative developments in practice, including the introduction of personal budgets and Education, Health and Care plans.
The team is implementing the recent SEND reforms so you will be part of consolidating new and innovative ways of working. We are looking for enthusiastic qualified Social Workers to join our team.
You will be supported by regular planned and ad hoc supervision and a culture of mutual support which is actively promoted by all members of the team. You will need to be committed to using the full range of your social work skills to promote and safeguard the welfare and development of disabled children and assist their carers (including young carers) by means of creative, innovative and timely care and support planning and intervention.
To be shortlisted to interview your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
• That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree
• or recognised equivalent qualification.
• A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
• An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
• Proven experience of working with disabled children would be beneficial
An enhanced DBS (formerly known as the CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) will be required for this role.
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 18th August 2017 Interviews date: To be confirmed
Surrey County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.