Data Scientist - Dundee
Your new company
A fantastic award winning company are seeking a Data Scientist to join their team in Dundee. They are a talented, lively team and looking for the right individual with the right spark and technical mind to work along side them. This company are developing exciting new projects used across the globe.
Your new role
* Measurement and Management focused. Sets the bar for measurement of marketing activities and defines success metrics, reporting methods for marketing efforts.
* Report standardisation and automation. Drive the evolution of best in class insight reporting in-line with Group strategy
* Data savvy with the ability to guide the development of customer segmentation or create models to explain drivers of customer behaviour
* Analyse customer activities and find actionable insights and recommendations
* Provide Analytics Expertise and Guidance. Engage with to use data & analytics to make decisions around their programs and in their business
* Facilitate Best Practice Adoption. Ensure use the latest marketing science tools and techniques in their business
* Be the Pioneer in using sophisticated analytical tools such as data mining, regression analysis, and predictive modelling
* Pragmatic with Business Acumen - ability to recommend actionable and attainable results that drive positive results and/or long lasting solutions.
* Strong written & spoken communication skills - ability to summarise complex data into clear and concise insights and actions
* Delivering Actions from Insights. To take insights and bring to life for users so clear actions can be utilised. Have an element of curiosity of business action and how we can support this.
What you'll need to succeed
* University graduate or equivalent with strong analytical skills. Background in Operations Research, Marketing Science, Economics, Quantitative Psychology, Applied Mathematics, and related quantitative fields.
* Experience with data related tools
* Strong presentation skills and experience in generating and sharing meaningful customer insights across business categories and multiple stakeholders (up to director level) to drive business decisions and trading plans
* Expert in managing multiple stakeholders and driving action from insights shared
* Experience of R or Python
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary, up to £55k for a leading company.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.