Commercial Analyst - growing global company
My client is one of the UK’s largest & fastest growing online advertising business. This company offers an outstanding benefits package and invests in people. Definitely a 'great place to work'.
Are you an experienced Analyst, used to providing insights across cross functional departments and projects? Looking for a new position where your contribution can help make a difference? If so read on…………
You & your role;
Due to the continued growth they are hiring a Commercial Analyst to work within their internal Commercial Business Intelligence team.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Business Intelligence, you will work with senior stakeholders across cross functional business areas to deliver strategic insights and actions in-line with stakeholder requirements and expectations.
The successful Commercial Analyst will be able to demonstrate a strong analytical background ideally within a sales led/sales focussed environment.
Exposure and experience of BI tools would be highly advantageous and highly skilled in data analytics and sales revenue reporting.
Some of your key responsibilities;
- Develop close working relationships with stakeholders particularly sales directors to understand customer specific insights and agree actions
- Identify operational specifications and develop reporting solutions to drive performance management
- Query complex datasets using SQL
- Deliver and maintain fit-for-purpose reports and dashboards using SSRS
- Carry out in depth review and analysis of monthly performance across a variety of business metrics and KPIs to provide data-led, relevant insights and recommendations to support top level strategy
- Own analytics for a designated area of the business
- Manipulate large amounts of data in Excel and using a range of reporting tools
- Develop complex Excel models to assess scenarios and provide recommendations to business leaders
Your ideal background & attributes;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in Economics, Maths, Business Studies or a similar academic background
- Demonstrable experience as a Commercial Analyst, Business Analyst, Marketing Analyst or a similar role
- Proven experience in business modelling and analytical techniques across large volumes of data to deliver actionable insights
- Business Objects experience essential
- Experience in pricing modelling and analytics beneficial
- Experienced in writing SQL queries and creating SSRS reports essential
- Business process and/or data mapping knowledge beneficial