Sales Executive - Grocery
Exciting opportunity to join an award winning juice manufacturer.
James White Drinks is based in rural Suffolk, approx. 7 miles north of Ipswich. We are makers of brilliant, non-alcoholic drinks for the last 26 years with brands including Beet It beetroot juice, Big Tom spiced tomato mix and a large range of cordials and organic juices. We have a long-established trade with all the major UK supermarkets, health food and independent speciality retailers, caterers and pubs. We also have fast growing export and sports nutrition sales.
This role will be homebased but will require you to spend most of your time out in the field. Reporting into the Sales Director, you will be responsible for a variety of different sales functions; cold calling into local convenience stores, selling at consumer/ trade shows and acquiring new business at a national level.
From a brand perspective, the role will be focussed on driving distribution and sales of our new Zingers range in the London and Southeast although this focus may take you beyond this and into a more national/international area. We are very excited about our new Zingers range and this role will be pivotal to its success.
- Organizing and implementing in store sampling with stores such as Wholefoods, As Nature Intended and Planet Organic
- Building a call list in a group of London postcodes and selling James White products (primarily Zingers) to local convenience stores, cash and carry depots, delis and cafes within this area
- Calling new customer leads (local and national) as requested by the Sales Director and managing these customers on an ongoing basis
- Attending consumer shows in the London area to promote the James White Drinks brand as and when required
- Attending meetings with the Sales Director and sales teams as and when required
- Assisting the Sales Director with ad hoc projects as and when required
Key skills required
- Proactive, bright and confident personality
- Well-presented and highly personable
- Flexible and mature approach with an ability to work unsupervised
- Educated to degree level (preferable but not essential)
- Competent user of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to manage a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines