Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
My client is a ground-breaking sports betting software and data services company. They have market leading skills in software delivery, data management, modelling, pricing and sports trading and work with a number of the world's leading betting operators and of course their power our own. Their mission is to deliver exceptional infrastructure, software and data products that solve customer problems using the "right" technologies.
The platform is web based, deployed to both public and private cloud and is written primarily in C# (with some F#) but it contains a variety of open source technologies including MongoDB, Redis and RabbitMQ.
We're focused on using the best tool for the job so we're looking for developers who are keen to learn, get exposure to a wide range of technologies, want to work on an award winning, industry leading platform, have a passion for writing quality and testable code, and enjoy working in a continuous delivery environment.
The role is part of the Core Platform team and will contribute to a team which is leading the way in Cloud based design and real-time Sports modelling. Responsibilities include:
- Taking delivery ownership of new and existing features, this includes:
o Working closely with Product Management to understand the business requirements
o Design, build and test using the best tools for the job.
o Work closely with our customers and first line technical support to troubleshoot issues
o Building strong relationships across the business with other teams
- Be an active member of the team suggesting ways we can learn and improve
- Working hard and having fun
What we're looking for
- A solid understanding and demonstrable experience of C#/.net and web based development (If you're at home in other mainstream languages but like the sound of what we're doing, do get in touch as we're always keen to talk)
- Enjoy digging into code and getting to the root cause of problems
- Obsessed with shipping quality code
- Willing to learn, try new approaches and engage with a team who will challenge your skills and expect direct feedback on what is or isn't possible within a time frame
- A desire to solve customer problems underpinned by a passion for technology
- Enjoy autonomy and responsibility
Extra marks if you have
- Test Driven Development experience
- Understanding of concurrency and distributed systems
- Understand the concepts of REST and HATEOS
- NoSQL knowledge/experience
- Open source experience and a GitHub account
- A passion for sport
For more information please email
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now.