Group Financial Controller
Our client is a global leader in the sport and entertainment industry and are active in every major sport through world-class services from strategy to execution. They operate in every continent with over 800 people across 26 offices in 19 countries.
The Group Financial Controller is an integral role in the central finance team of 3, working alongside the Head of Reporting, reporting into the Central Finance Directors.
Finance is going through a period of change and the Group Financial Controller will play an active role in the driving the finance agenda, with a key focus on establishing principles and process, to support the business in its decision making and help deliver a best in class finance function able to provide information in real time.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- 25% month-end / 75% driving our client's finance agenda
- Assisting the Central team with the delivery of month end reporting to Group
- Review of divisional finance reporting submissions and report to the Central FD
Driving the finance agenda through delivery of a number of projects:
- Supporting the UK Shared Service Centre team and the migration strategy:
- Following the establishment of a UK Shared Service Centre in Q4 2017
- Increasing automation - including automated expenses module, purchase order functionality
- Month end reporting
- Standardising and harmonisation of month end reporting.
- Improving the timeliness of the close process.
- Establish a KPI framework
- Improving the level of financial control. Ensure that financial controls are sufficiently robust for the pace of growth and change which the business is experiencing currently and faces in the future.
- Increasing focus on cash flow and working capital
- Establishing appropriate risk identification and mitigation framework
- Cost control agenda
- Working with Treasury on the simplification of our client's banking estate
- Assisting with tax/compliance projects
- Driving the integration of our client's acquisitions
- Maximising readiness for the commencement of a global system implementation (expected 2018)
Business partnering/Key relationships
- Business partner for Central FD & CFO
- Working closely with other finance teams
- Business partner for the Shared Service Centre
- ACA Qualified
- Big 4 experience preferred though not essential
- Significant commitment to team delivery
- Strong Excel skills
- Accommodate tight deadlines, whilst working under pressure.
- Confident and influential within finance team and across the business
- Flexible approach to work and workload
- Looking out across finance and the business for weaknesses, risks and opportunities
- Base salary: £50,000 - £55,000
- Private Medical
- Pension Scheme
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.