£45,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
Founded in 1870, St Christopher's has provided care for vulnerable children and young people for over 140 years. We are one of the leading voluntary service providers for children and young people across England and the Isle of Man, helping build brighter futures through fostering, children's homes and a range of innovative housing and support services. St Christopher’s is currently investing in social pedagogy as our approach for raising our care standards ever higher.
About the Role
As Finance Manager you will take responsibility for the day to day running of the Finance Department; including management of team and production of the management accounts to an agreed timetable including raising journals, regular reconciliations and supporting analysis to a monthly timetable. You will also work on the annual budget process and budget revisions/forecasts, and carry out maintenance on the budget as directed by the Head of Finance.
The successful candidate will have:
- A relevant accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent is preferable but an exceptional track record may be accepted in lieu of the qualification.
- 3 years+ experience of management accounting, budgeting and the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Line management experience is desirable but not essential as training/coaching could be provided.
- Highly numerate with good analytical skills and the ability to apply them.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively to user departments and other stakeholders such as local authorities.
- Excellent IT skills including Outlook, Word and intermediate to advanced level computer skills in MS Excel (using Vlookups, pivot tables, SUMIF).
In return we offer:
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday
- After successful probation a contributory pension, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers and employee assistance programme.
- Regular supervision and Social Pedagogy training.
To apply please send CV’s with supporting statement, outlining your suitability for the role. Your online application must include a full supporting statement addressing the criteria stated in the Person Specification. A CV on its own will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 30th July 2017
Interview Date: TBC
St Christopher’s is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.