Data Scientist Internship Tech Start-Up London
A cutting-edge technology business working in the real estate market with the vision to deploy data driven solutions to estate agents and other stakeholders involved with the property sector. This London based tech start-up has already grown to a team of 14 within 6 months and expanding quickly, making this a great time to join.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,200 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
Working closely with the experienced tech team you will join the company to help build and design algorithms which will power the platform features that clients want to use. This work will involve quantitative analysis and complex statistical modelling to produce insight the property industry has not had access to previously. The type of data you will work with and connect will produce cutting edge industry insight and be a part of a wider Research and Development piece.
This is an excellent internship for a recent graduate looking to develop on existing data and mathematical knowledge towards commercially sought-after work experience and know how. Working closely with such an experienced team of developers and will mean learning huge amounts in a short space of time whilst working on and seeing through a project from start to finish.
What are the ideal intern’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level.
• A high level of numeracy.
• Someone comfortable working with numbers and data sets.
• Advanced level of Excel skills.
• Someone looking to develop a career in data intelligence, business analysis or working for a tech start-up.
• Knowledge of PostgreSQL, “R” or Python would be a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Open office working environment where ideas are shared and personal development encouraged.
• Work on “meaty” projects which will quickly develop your experience and knowledge.
• This is an exciting time to be joining a tech start-up already to market and disrupting the property sector.
• Occasional Yoga lessons.
• Free tea and coffee.