Deputy Head of Training (1YR FTC)
Job Ref: 65486
Job Title: Deputy Head of Training (1YR FTC)
Type: Fixed Term
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000
Closing date: 17th July 2017
We are seeking a Deputy Head, reporting directly to the Head of Training who leads one of four commercial product streams at NPL. Our vision is to be the international leader in the metrology training profession and this is an exciting and rapidly expanding growth area for NPL. This is a leadership position accountable for NPL’s market offering in the areas of Continued Professional Development and new Modern Apprenticeship programmes. NPL’s training programmes support skilled employment in cross sector metrology roles within UK workforces and International supply chains.
Applying your commercial awareness to lead the area you will:
• Define the overarching commercial strategy and business plan for training; driving ambitious financial targets and bringing novel business models to fruition, to grow NPL’s regional and international training business
• Work with the Operations Team, lead a team of specialists, who are designing training courses, delivering regional/international services and setting up new programmes, such as the national roll out of two new metrology apprenticeships.
• Be the expert in the metrology training profession; developing personal networks with staff, licensees, stakeholders and customers in target industry sectors.
• Show expert leadership and cross-NPL programme management skills; driving plans consistent with overall business targets, covering sales, marketing, product development, revenue, people and facilities.
• Have experience in staff development, engagement, motivation and assessment.
• Role model NPL’s values, encouraging collaboration and working proactively with teams across the business.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Significant background in training and apprenticeships is essential
• Proven experience in leading a growing commercial business and delivering ambitious targets
• Track record of customer facing business achievement
• Skilled at working effectively across multi-functional teams
• Strong problem solving, decision making and people influencing skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Level 6+ qualification in Science or Engineering is preferred
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised crèche, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Supporter.