Research Finance Manager - London University
Research Finance Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a leading higher education institute predominately working within the research institute. You will be joining a finance team of 20 and get excellent exposure to the business. Management Accounting is a large part of this role as is building good working relationships with finance & non-finance staff.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for accounting services to the research community (£11 million income) producing detailed budgets & 3 year forecasts.
- Working alongside budget holders to produce annual budgets, 3 year and strategic planning, monthly and quarterly management accounting reports, forecasts, and commentaries on vacancies.
- Fulfilments of the Finance Business Partner function to the research community including regular liaison with senior academic staff.
- Preparation of monthly accounts, variance analysis and commentaries, working with stakeholders to understand and compile financial figures and other management information.
The Ideal candidate:
- A fully qualified Accountant
- Experienced in Management Accounts in any sector
- Experienced in reconciliation, data analysis, preparing budgets, forecasts regular management reporting & KPI’s in a large organisation.
- Good IT & Excel Skills
- Experienced in Delivering financial analysis and of working and delivering reports to non-finance staff
- An excellent team player with good communication skills