Audio Visual Events Technician
This is an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious education facility as an Audio Visual Technician (Meeting Support) in London.
Reporting into the Live Events Manager, the successful candidate will have responsibility for providing front of house AV support for all meetings and events that occur within the building.
Key role responsibilities:
- Providing AV support for all meeting spaces including setting up and de-rigging AV equipment.
- Providing organized and proactive support in the planning and preparation of video conferences.
- Providing on-call support to all meetings requiring effective resolutions to any unexpected technical issues.
- Supporting the delivery of a professional, efficient and effective multi discipline audio-visual service, including audio, lighting, video/data projection/video, filming, conferencing and interactive systems.
- Rigging, de-rigging and checking of audio, projection, lighting and IP equipment within the organisation's meeting spaces.
- Managing and maintaining all audio-visual equipment in meeting and conference rooms, ensuring all equipment is operational and working to specification required.
- Managing and maintaining all VC and IP devices including regular firmware updates.
- Delivering support to clients in the use of PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe Acrobat and other presentation tools brought in by speakers. (This support includes the creation of slides and other material requiring excellent typing skills, spelling and grammar.)
- Effective, professional verbal communication with event organisers, high profile speakers and VIPs to identify their audio-visual requirements often in stressful circumstances.
- Effective skills in patching, networks and the ability to fault find effectively under pressure.
- Supporting the setting up, operating and trouble-shooting, filming and editing, video conference, web casting and streaming technologies for the delivery of hybrid events.
- Stock control of AV consumable goods for all meeting spaces.
- Display a willingness to maintain and enhance knowledge through training and on-going development.
- Understand current video-conferencing and telephony technologies including VoIP.
- Adhere and comply with the provisions of the organisation's Health and Safety Policy.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities in compliance with the rules and regulations encompassing equal opportunities.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably expected and which are commensurate with the level of the post.
Based in Central London salary is £23k-£23.5k, plus excellent benefits including pension, cycle to work scheme and free staff restaurant, amongst others.
Your skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- A demonstrable understanding of how audio-visual and IT equipment works in live event situations
- Demonstrates a strong customer service-orientated approach
- Good experience in a similar AV events support role
- Methodical and practical when solving technical problems
- Ability to prioritise workload according to importance and urgency and remains focused on routine tasks and understands why achievement is important
- Experience in lighting, control systems and events.
- Educated to at least A level standard and ideally with CTS.
- The planning, coordination, and successful delivery of tasks requires excellent planning and organisational skills, together with a high level of communication skills both verbal and written to ensure that all aspects of events are properly coordinated with professionalism and empathy sometimes in stressful circumstances.
- Excellent English is required - both verbal and written.
Our client is a prestigious and influential body in the field of medicine who play a pivotal role in setting the standards and quality of medical practice in hospitals. It conducts examinations, carries out training, education and research activities and advises the Government and the profession on health and medical matters.
AV Jobs are the No. 1 Audio Visual Recruiters in the UK working with clients and candidates to ensure a successful job fit every time.