Collinson Group develops and supports a range of analytical, data science, big data and marketing platforms, created from a blend of our own proprietary tech as well as 3rd party products. The Analytics Engineer will act as a lead technologist in the support and development of these platforms, and will also be required to perform certain analytical exercises as part of their responsibilities.
You will need to configure and support our Decision Plus platform, create data flows and bespoke deployment solutions in line with client/stakeholder requirements, build BI and analytical solutions from our tech ecosystem, act as a liaison with our offshore teams and first line of support, and be the 'go to’ consultant for Decision Plus platform.
You will need to be:
- Excellent programming skills with SQL and Python
- Comfortable provisioning, configuring and optimizing using multiple database systems including SQL Server, PostGreSQL, Oracle, Redshift, Hadoop, Spark
- Demonstrate experience of creating self-service tools for internal users to manipulate data
- Have demonstrable experience of contributing to the release life cycle of production ready solutions
- Demonstrable experience with building automation
- Experience with the setup, use and administration of Tableau and Tableau Server
- Experience with the setup, use and administration of Alteryx and Alteryx Server
- Team management, stakeholder management and project management
- Experience across the data lifecycle including data ingestion, cleaning, processing, transformation, enrichment, persistence and analysis
- Significant experience in a development and data engineering role preferably in tech, consulting, or finance.
- Extensive hands-on experience with SQL
- Strong programming skills Python
- Familiarity with AWS stack including EMR, Lambda, Redshift, DynamoDB, RDS, S3 & EC2.
- Familiarity with Marketing cloud technologies offered by Salesforce, Adobe and Oracle
- Proficiency using large data sets and relational and dimensional modeling.
- Expertise in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience with messaging and streaming platforms (Kafka/Kinesis)
- Exposure to big data systems and the issues that arise from working with large data sets.
- A self-starter attitude with an enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment.
- A willingness to take on a range of ad-hoc projects and work with new tech
- Experience working with analytics and marketing automation platforms
- Oracle Marketing Cloud
- Adobe Marketing Cloud
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience configuring a big data platform for use in Insurance
- Experience working with financial pricing data in a marketing context
- Experience working with management reporting for loyalty platforms