Finance Manager - Operations
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. We’ve taken something complicated and made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click our website and your international transfer is made - to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. We send to more than 120 countries and the number is growing all the time.
Who are we looking to hire and why?
To give the best possible service to our customers it’s critical that we ensure payments are being received correctly from customers in our 50+ send countries and that we work closely with our correspondent partners (100+) to ensure the successful release of funds to our customer’s beneficiaries. This is where you and the Financial Operations team come in!
We’re looking for a qualified accountant to join our team to manage the 'Cash in Transit’ team. The Fin Ops team has tripled in size in the last two years and is made up of some super talented people. While there is the need to help develop the team and bring improvements to the way we work and the controls we have in place, the role also interacts closely with our operations and tech departments and brings with it a need to get into in to broader tasks - it's not a conventional finance role!
It’s important that you understand how our business works, as well as, the risks posed to our business as we continue to grow. Prior experience in the FinTech or money transfer sector will set you up for success in this role.
What will you do?
- Ensure that the team are meeting their goals on both daily and month end reconciliations (be the second review of monthly balance sheet reconciliations)
- Give active support of month-end close through review of regular journal postings and ensuring team’s adherence to group reporting deadlines
- Working with our payment providers to ensure they are onboarded successfully from a finance perspective
- Work closely with wider finance team to provide accurate and timely reporting, strong balance sheet control and liaison with external auditors
- Working with our Finance Systems Analyst to develop reporting of KPIs from our Transaction Matching and Reconciliation tool, ReconArt
What teams will you work with?
- WorldRemit has a flat structure within Finance, we work closely with the Commercial, Prefunding and Financial Reporting teams
- Operations and Engineering teams to help identify and resolve technical issues, improve quality of data being captured in our database
More about you
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of two years PQE. You will have completed your training within a Top 10 practice.
- Working knowledge of the payments industry gained from an MSB.
- Someone who can show initiative, challenge the status quo and prioritise. There’s a lot to do here so it’s about working efficiently whilst being detailed and setting a high standard
- Good communications skills - you’re working with people internally and externally so being able to communicate well is important
- Structured approach with an ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines while also being flexible with what challenges the day brings you
- Experience in maintaining and proven record of implementing improvements using ReconArt, our chosen transaction matching solution
- Strong Excel and systems skills, (we have recently implemented NetSuite, and use SQL to help us with our reconciliations)
A few important things to make a note of
As a regulated company in financial services, WorldRemit requires reference and background checks including criminal and credit checks for all new hires. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this process, please speak to your recruiter and they will be happy to discuss this with you.
Job closes 14/08/17