FTA are looking for an Assistant Accountant to process and monitor sales invoices and credits, raise foreign currency invoices, process payments and resolve internal queries.
The Assistant Accountant will also be responsble for proactively supporting the team in improved cash collection whilst ensuring compliance with member protocols. Maintaining and reconciling FTA Fixed Asset Register. Supporting Financial Accountant and Management at Month End and Year End within the scope of the role and with projects as they arise within the scope of the role.
Sales Ledger Duties
- To produce invoices from various systems ensuring compliance with members’ protocols.
- To raise foreign invoices and statements for members with contracts in other currencies.
- Administer and resolve queries by members. Liase with other parts of the business and Credit control to resolve queries in a timely manner. Review the query report and summarise on a monthly basis.
- To perform credit checks following the guidelines agreed within the Credit Policy.
- To resolve any system issue in this area with the software provider on a timely manner.
- To assist the Financial Accountant and Management Accountant during month end / year end.
- Bank reconciliations and balance sheet reconciliations within the scope of the role.
- Responsibility for maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register and postings / reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Assist with month end, year end and audit, within the scope of the role.
- Month end reporting within the scope of the role.
- Ad hoc investigations and projects within the scope of the role.
- Holiday cover for the cashier, when able to (outside of month end / year end support to Financial Accountant)
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Applicant should be newly AAT qualified or in the last stages of completing the qualification. (Qualified by experience will be considered).
- The applicant must be able to work on their own, organise their work and when necessary take instructions from the Financial Accountant.
- Good administration skills are essential, together with a good telephone manner, computer literacy and knowledge of Excel and Word. Experience in sales ledger and/or credit control would be desirable.