Finance Manager (Tech & Media) - Accountancy Practice London
Employt.com is assisting one of our companies on our platform to shortlist a chartered accountant for to join their growing team in London as a Manager.
The company is established and growing 300 people strong accountancy practice in London, which is successfully serving Tech and Media clients in the UK. The company is assisting their clients with i) raising growth capital, and ii) provision of outsourced accountancy services (e.g. Financial Controller "on-demand" functions, such as management accounts, budgets, cashflow management, tax filings).
The role will be to grow further the Outsourced accountancy services practice accross a portfolio of existing and future clients, through execution of Financial Controller "on-demand" functions (50%) and growing the practice through relationship building and business development activities (50%).
A skilled, enthusiastic and ambitious individual is needed in order to fulfil the following responsibilities:
- Build trusted relationships with fast growing businesses in London and the UK
- Discuss potential financial and operational issues and growth options with the companies
- Working alongside a Partner within the firm, be the principle finance adviser to those businesses and help them with financial reporting, management accounting and operational issues
- Working alongside a partner in the business, building and maintaining efficient client relationships
- Coach and manage a team of junior people
- You will be a CA/ ACA Chartered Accountant, with 3yrs+ hands on experience gained working in an accounting practice or growting tech / media business (ideally both), and you would be thriving to leverage the knowledge gained in a company to help other businesses grow and help them with their accounting issues
- You will have experience in preparing statutory accounts and full completion, dealing with financial / management reporting / payroll issues - and would love to leverage that knowledge to provide 'hands on’ help to other businesses
- Credible, confident and approachable personality who is a natural relationship builder and can work across a number of clients
- Experience and exposure to tech businesses in the UK
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong academics at university level
If you’ve got drive and you’re excited at the prospect of being part of a fast-growing advisory business, please contact Chloe @employt.com. Employt.com would love to hear from you and tell you more about all the work you could be doing.