Process Engineer - £27,000 - £30,000 - Lean Manufacturing, 5s
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Process Engineer for a Global client based in the Newcastle area.
My client is a well-established manufacturing supplier to multiple industries. They are currently looking for an enthusiastic Process Engineer, to work within a creative team to ensure communication between all departments, solving quality and manufacturing problems whilst maintaining and improving efficiency of the business.
To work closely with the Production Team, Production Operators and the Engineering Maintenance and Technical departments to plan and manage the production of products and introduction of new builds and equipment.
To work closely with the Technical Department to develop quotes for prospective customers by producing robust engineering solutions with a focus towards costs, quality and delivery.
To work closely with the Technical Department and Production Operations teams to plan and manage the transfer/implementation of a theoretical concept of a design or new equipment investment into the manufacturing process.
Areas of Responsibility:
Working with the design team on new products to identify lean processes and ensuring resources are available to facilitate new product manufacture.
Identify and design improvements for process and/or product.
Participate in the identification, production and implementation of essential documentation needed to ensure consistency of process, product and parts.
Manage and identify improvements to be made to existing equipment.
Participate in the world class activities and policy deployment.
Assist the Maintenance Department with equipment improvement activities.
Co-operate in the product and process FMEA (Failure Mode Effect Analysis) as a team member.
Design, implement and review Process maps/sheets for operators.
Identify and design improvements for processes, maximising lean operations producing and updating paperwork to reflect the changes.
Project management - create, manage and monitor the plan in line with machine, process, and investment as part of the project.
Skills & Experience required for the role:
- A higher level qualification in an engineering discipline; minimum of a HNC qualification or equivalent linked to a time served background.
- Ability to create autoCAD drawings and conceive an idea into an autoCAD drawing.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing organisation - high volume and/or batch production.
- Process Engineering Experience and knowledge within a manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge of Lean tools and techniques (5s, TPM & Kaizen) preferably with implementation experience.
- Quick understanding of complex situation and implementation of corrective actions.
- Jig Design, problem solving and report writing skills.
If you feel you would be a successful Process Engineer in the Newcastle area with the above skills please apply below, Graduates welcome.
Premier are acting as an employment agency