Partner Development Manager
Partner Development Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Are you mad about gin? Do you have the personality and business acumen to turn an exciting opportunity into a profitable proposition for our trade partners? How do you fancy working with some of the most interesting gins around? Well look no further…. You will be responsible for developing bespoke, unique and exclusive gins under our client's brand for a number of key on and off trade customers. Engaging a commercial mind set and harnessing your entrepreneurial spirit, you will identify opportunities to evolve the brand and develop crucial relationships within the trade.
Launched in early 2017 - Our client is the sister company to the company, and is the world’s first independent gin bottler - working with established distilleries and brands to produce bespoke gins for the range, as well as creating its own unique gins (Cherry Gin, Moonshot Gin, and Spit-Roasted Pineapple gin are the first of many).
The range is already enjoying phenomenal success in both the on-trade and off-trade throughout the UK and they need someone to accelerate the growth they’re already experiencing.
What you’ll be expected to doas the Partner Development Manager:
This role is highly dependent on commercial aptitude and an extensive knowledge of gin production and marketing.
- Working closely and collaboratively with the internal account managers across the Maverick Drinks business as well as your industry counterparts, you will identify new business opportunities throughout the UK across all trade channels.
- With particular focus on groups/chains of bars and retailers, you will work with them to develop a gin which is totally unique and exclusive to their business, incorporating label and liquid design to enhance their consumer offering and which is in keeping with the brand values of the company/
- You will leverage the bespoke bottlings to build brand and consumer loyalty both for the customers and for the company/
- You will be seen as the ‘Gin consultant’ to their business, imparting category knowledge, sound consumer insights and liquid training, all enabling them to grow their craft spirits business.
- Using the initial bespoke bottling as your key lever, you will also aim to expand the Boutique-y Gin range by introducing additional variants that complement the initial listing and, through liaison with the TBGC Brand Ambassador, lead to the creation of ‘Gin Embassies’ in key on-trade outlets.
- You will manage the full customer picture, keeping our CRM updated with the relevant account information, and will plan and execute A&P investment brilliantly to ensure that all trade marketing activity drives a positive return on investment.
- You will utilise the wider internal team, including our world class TBGC brand ambassador, to deliver liquid and category training to embed the brand and drive value for the customer.
- You will have clear accountability for establishing the RTM to deliver the end solution, as well as gaining full commitment to minimum volume requirements from our partners.
Essential Experience for the Partner Development Manager:
- A proven track record of developing category solutions for both on and off trade customers nationally.
- Strong commercial acumen and numeracy skills with the ability to identify sound financial opportunities for partners and their business alike.
- Ideally you’ll have worked within a customer marketing capacity or similar, identifying niche opportunities that can open up the value in a category.
- You will have delivered exceptional NPD launches within the spirits category.
- You’ll have done a stint as a brand ambassador or spirits trainer, and be able to impart your knowledge confidently in front of senior level buyers and operators.
- You will be confident in talking about category, trends and cocktails.
- We’re not in the market for buying people’s affections, a steady hand and an innovative outlook on the industry is an absolutely must.
- This role is field based, and may require some nationwide (and possibly international) travel, therefore a full UK driving licence is preferred.
Desired Experience for the Partner Development Manager:
- Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Qualification - Higher Level.
- Curation of cocktail lists and development of customer exclusives would be hugely valuable.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Partner Development Manager then please apply now!