Senior Management Accountant
Senior Management Accountant
Salary Range/ Advertising Salary:
£35,020-£41,200-£49,440 (Externally competitive salary & benefits)
Any Additional Information:
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities:
Critical role in the production of timely, accurate and insightful Management Accounting and reporting. Ensure controls are adhered to and remain robust cost control environment to ensure both a clean internal and external audit. Ensure a strong commercial understanding of the division so that all relevant process improvements and cost opportunities can be realised. Be flexible and adaptable to change, new processes and Business Intelligence as the business continues along it merger integration path.
Ensure that the periodic management accounts are delivered to reporting deadlines and a high quality working closely with the rest of the finance team as required.
Ensure that all necessary accounting adjustments are posted each period in order to produce accurate management accounts and are documented as required.
Support Senior Management Accountant in production of periodic rolling balance sheet, cash flow and weekly cash monitor.
Full cost centre management for key central functions (including trading and marketing) through regular reviews with owners using high quality reporting and variance analysis.
Deliver insightful analysis and commentary on all key variances to budget/plan/prior year in order to explain and drive performance including presentations to FD.
Ensure that selected balance sheet reconciliations are completed/reviewed to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly.
Work closely with our cash and central finance team to continually improve our cash forecasting, reporting and variance analysis.
Ensure certain group reporting requirements are completed within required deadlines and to a high standard.
Preparation of deliverables for the annual audit and key contact for the auditors during the audit process.
Assist with the coaching and development of the 2 assistant management accountants.
Ensure that the impact of new systems, processes or initiatives are appropriately considered and incorporated into existing reporting and controls environment .
Ensuring that all queries from internal customers are dealt with effectively.
Support the senior management accounts and wider finance team with ad-hoc requests as required.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Experience of management accounting and reporting processes.
- Experience of budgeting, planning and forecasting (P&L, balance sheet, cash flows).
- Strong technical skills (e.g. excel, macros, VBA etc…).
- Qualified / part qualified accountant.
- Experience in using financial reporting tools such as SAP/Hyperion.
- Experience in using accounting packages such as EBS/JDE.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate and lead effectively at all levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical accounting experience.
- Well organised with ability to deal with multiples projects and priorities.
- Ability to deliver continuously to tight timelines.
- Proactive and tenacious with a history of achievement.
- Resilient self-starter with a can do attitude.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships effectively across the business.
- Strong demonstrable communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to influence, coach and delegate at a range of levels.