Infrastructure Programme Manager - Group Infrastructure Transformation
Infrastructure Programme Manager
Exciting opportunity for a seasoned Infrastructure Programme Manager to deliver a major, strategic transformation of technology infrastructure across a large-scale multi-national Group company. The Infrastructure Programme Manager will lead the definition and delivery of change incorporating WAN, LAN, WiFi, Servers & Storage and End-User Computing.
This role forms an integral part of a wider, major transformation and convergence of the entire Group technology environment. Cross-programme collaboration is vital, along with the ability to understand the emerging group infrastructure strategy, enabling you to define the best implementation strategy that favours a stable, evolutionary approach over an aggressive short-term approach.
- Detail the overall and specific business cases, employing your stakeholder engagement and diplomacy skills to develop buy in and agreement across the Group.
- Plan and design the programmes governance, structure and constituent work streams or projects
- Coordination of programme work streams, managing dependencies inside and outside of the programme
- Management of budgets and monitoring of benefits realisation
- Group wide stakeholder engagement, managing communications and engaging all stakeholders to maintain support for the programme and to help ensure benefits are realised
- Management of programme and project scopes, whilst contributing to the development of emerging business cases where required
- Hiring and direct line management of project teams
- Progress reporting through governance groups, directly to sponsors and through engagement with stakeholders
- Management of 3rd party providers
- Management of Risks and Issues
- Extensive experience of successful multi-million pound infrastructure programme delivery in complex (ideally Group) company structures
- Extensive experience of delivering major technical programmes including Wide Area Networks (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN), Wireless Networks (WiFi), End User Computing and Servers/storage.
- A strong business acumen, with a strong understanding of Business Change, linking IT delivery to business outcomes
- Formal project/programme training such as Prince2/PMP or similar
- Extensive experience in programme budgetary management and resource planning
- An exceptional eye for detail, with a proven ability to exercise control of complex programmes with multiple cross-organisational work streams.
- Experience of delivering on time, within budget and to desired quality!
- Exceptional stakeholder and leadership skills, able to lead a diverse international team
Permanent position paying up to £85,000 + car, bonus, pension and other valuable benefits
Central London based with travel required.