Client Money Officer - FX Brokerage
The Company -
A Leading provider of advanced Forex trading technologies to both retail and institutional client globally. with several subsidiaries based in Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, China, India, and Thailand. With the company recently opening a London office and attracting significant strategic capital FCA authorised and regulated FX broker.
As part of our ongoing growth we are looking for an enthusiastic, hard working and diligent client money officer to ensure that Formax Prime Capital (UK) complies with all applicable CASS regulations. In addition to performing all CASS functions, the client money officer will assist with daily and month end accounting and regulatory reporting.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Carry out daily client money processes including the investigation and resolution of any variances that are identified.
- Daily internal reconciliation
- Ensuring daily transfer is set up and transferred
- Carry out prudential segregation calculation and update client reconciliation spreadsheet daily.
- Review of external reconciliation to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Update the record of unresolved client money items and ensure any open items from external reconciliation are treated appropriately in a timely fashion
- Development of various policies and procedures related to CASS
- Updating CASS resolution pack to ensure continued adherence with FCA rules
- Liase with external reconciliation and technical operation teams
- Daily bank reconciliation for operating accounts
- Assist on other month end procedures including balance sheet reconciliations, accrual posting and review of journal entries.
- Preparing the COREP and other FCA regulatory report
- Cover for other accounting and finance function areas if needed
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 2-3 years experience in CASS related roles
- Excellent understanding of CASS regulatory requirements.
- Good general knowledge of the financial services industry and its regulations and laws
- Detailed understanding of operations impacted by the CASS Rules
- Ideally a qualified accountant ACA/ACCA or related qualification but not essential
- Proven track record of managing and delivering risk based projects
- Experience of dealing with and presenting to senior management
- Knowledge on good governance practices
Salary: £35,000 depending on experience.