Head of Brand Campaigns & Social - SK3440
One of the hottest jobs in digital, this is a truly a unique opportunity working in one of the UK's leading innovative digitally transforming businesses.
If you have experience working on brand campaigns in a large blue chip organisation and are looking for a step change in responsibilities then apply for this role.
The Head of Brand Campaigns will lead an agile marketing team and will build the value of the brand in the UK, supporting the trading ambitions of the businesses through consistent and compelling deployment of the UK brand, content and sponsorship strategy. You will be responsible for optimising spend for building the UK brand through relevant campaign budgets. Also, responsible for the Brand and sponsorship assets across the UK (UKD & UKI).
Role and Responsibilities:
Role and Responsibilities for the Head of Brand Campaigns
Lead the deployment of the UK Brand strategy to:
• Evolve the brand to ensure it reflects the breadth and depth of our offering and creates greater emotional connectivity
• Grow brand awareness and consideration for all relevant UK propositions to help drive customer and trading targets
• Deploy all brand and campaign activity to execute the marketing plan, optimising ROI from Brand spend to drive acquisition, engagement, cross-sell, retention and MPH including:
• Create and manage integrated media plan, optimising media investment and minimising overlaps, clashes and over-saturation
• Deploy press, digital, events, experiential and PR activity to drive Brand awareness and consideration of UK sponsorship assets (working with External Comms and Media Relations)
• Responsible for a coherent, compelling and consistent manifestation of the brand, embedding the core purpose in all relevant brand communications.
• Lead the development, embedding and leveraging of the Community Fund as an asset to reduce the reliance on paid for marketing and create greater emotional engagement with the brand.
• Develop an annual calendar aligned to the integrated marketing plan incorporating brand, CSR and Content Marketing activity to ensure the brand reflects the breadth and depth of our offering whilst creating greater emotional connectivity and driving improved brand consideration.
• Own and lead the social channel for the UK through: the development of cutting edge content and leadership of our social manifesto; development of listening tools and protocols to ensure continued relevance and impact.
• Create and evidence colleagues as brand advocates and ambassadors.
• Manage media and key creative agency relationships. Optimise third party relationships to drive commercial value on behalf of the UK & Ireland.
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the risks in the business from strategic, operational and people angles, and measure accordingly. Ensure there are strong accountabilities, process ownership and control framework in place, including TCF etc. In particular, ensuring adequate controls are in place around key risk activities, such as the production of regulated materials and the self-approval of literature.
• Lead a team of 11
• Team remit spans all Brand, Sponsorship and Corporate Social Responsibility strategy and delivery activity.
• The role balances the management of an established portfolio of marketing campaigns with the need for continued evolution of our brand strategy and further increasing the direct commercial value of our brand activity.
• The role is set within the context of broader business change including the growth of digital and the strategy to unlock the potential of the composite. The role will oversee the creation of the marketing strategies and plans that support this change. This will require a step change in approach across certain aspects of the marketing function.
• The role will work collaboratively with: marketing teams across the UK businesses, Customer Engagement, Finance and Risk Business Partners for Digital, Legal & Compliance and Media Relations.
• The role holder will work with strategic creative agencies, content agencies and media agencies as required.
Experience and Skills:
Skills and Attributes for the Head of Brand Campaigns:
• A strong track record in brand and trading based marketing, advanced marketing technology and digital marketing methods.
• Experience of having built and deployed successful brand strategies that have proven high levels of customer engagement and strongly translated to trading performance.
• A proven track record of digital marketing thought leadership and driving marketing performance to achieve stretching goals and drive growth
• Exceptional analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication, project management and time management skills
• Ability to analyse, communicate and present metrics effectively to support recommendations
• Results-oriented with relentlessly high standards
• Minimum 5 years in a senior marketing leadership role.
• Experience of working collaboratively within a large complex organisation
• Highly developed leadership capability
• Well-developed consultancy skills, including a successful record of building personal credibility and managing relationships with key business decision-makers up to Executive level.
• Degree, or equivalent, in Marketing, Business or Communications related subject