Big Data - Lead Solutions Architects x2
Big Data, Solutions Architecture
I am building the Analytics and Data Science team of a global consulting and IT services firm.
Due to organic growth (client demand) we are looking for 2 experienced Big Data experts to join as Lead Solutions Architects.
You will be leading and owning the Big Data portfolio of clients, ranging from Banking & Insurance to Retail/CPG and Telco clients. As an SME you will be acting as a trusted advisor to both the business and technology teams within FTSE clients on how to best leverage their data and technologies to deliver business benefit
Deep Technical knowledge is essential and the successful candidates will have demonstrable hands on experience with
- The Hadoop stack, e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, HBase, Flume
- Other Big Data technologies, e.g. HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra
- NoSQL platforms, e.g. key-value stores, graph databases, RDF triple stores
- Statistical packages, e.g. SAS, SPSS, R
- Also, hands-on experience with "productionizing" Hadoop applications (e.g. administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, and performance tuning)
Experience of other complementary technologies would also be desirable:
o Open source software platforms and languages, e.g. Java, Linux, Apache, Perl/Python/PHP, Chef
o Cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
Send your CV for a prompt response and briefing.