Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
Due to planned growth, a medium sized, building services consultancy in London are looking for an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer with a minimum of four years' experience for their London office.
Having recently invested over £250K in a bespoke office refurbishment and IT upgrade they have created a stunning place to work where all the Building Services Engineers have access to state of the art equipment, spacious and well planned work stations and a very relaxed office culture.
Reporting to a Chartered Associate or Director you will be responsible for designing the full range of electrical building services across hotel, commercial, listed, mixed use and luxury residential developments ranging from £5 - £150M.
- Designing, managing and delivery of projects and tasks.
- Producing and checking design calculations using Amtech, excel or by hand.
- Writing technical specifications for tender and construction.
- Co-ordinating your designs with external architects, structural engineers and other specialist consultants.
- Regularly checking that your designs meet the required British standards.
- Maintaining close communication with clients, developers and contractors and ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Attending and/or leading Design Team Meetings and workshops.
- Preparation and reviewing electrical drawings to be completed by internal CAD team.
- Attending site to check the quality of the installations, ensuring they meet adhere with your designs.
- Maintaining good relationships with external suppliers.
As you progress you will be given the opportunity of managing your own smaller projects, leading client and site meetings, developing your skills in Revit and also mentoring Graduate Engineers.
This role will appeal to an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer who wants to progress their career quickly and work in an environment and office that was specifically created to provide an outstanding place for Engineers to work and develop in.
In addition to a highly competitive salary, they also provide 25 days' leave, matched pension, healthcare, life assurance, payment or professional memberships and also an element of flexible hours.