Interim Group Reporting Manager
Responsible for leading the Financial Reporting team, which includes financial accounting, management reporting, planning and projections, and ownership of the SOX process, together with the internal and external audit relationships.
Internal and External Financial Reporting and Planning
- Manage the Financial Reporting team, who are responsible for the accounting and reporting of the company’s UK results under US GAAP for internal reporting and UK GAAP for statutory reporting.
- Lead the process of coordinating and submitting the monthly projections and month-end actuals to US corporate team.
- Own the production of key financial presentations for senior management.
- Lead the 1Y and 3Y financial planning process by managing the timetable and coordinating the wider finance team in preparing, reviewing and submitting a robust budget and supporting presentation deck.
- Manage and oversee the preparation and audit of the UK statutory accounts.
- Own the SOX control framework for the UK business, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place, and that they are being adhered to. Coordinate the controls audit with internal and external audit teams.
- Lead the Finance Analyst in the management of the budgeting and reporting/analysis on the G&A cost base of around £60m, partnering with budget owners across the business, and providing timely and insightful analysis to drive cost savings and strategic initiatives.
Capital Expenditure and Fixed Assets
- Lead the Capex planning process with budget owners and senior management, taking the responsibility for the optimal utilisation of available funds across our 1,300 restaurants.
- Take a leadership role in the strategy, planning and accounting for major projects across the business (for instance: technology and digital, restaurant reinvestment, construction and development).
- Manage the Construction Finance team, who are responsible for the accounting processes around fixed assets and capital investment.
- Maintain the effective and efficient relationship between the UK market finance team and the UK Shared Services team in Sutton Coldfield.
- Support the finance leadership team in driving strategic and commercial initiatives
- Strengthen our relationships and partnerships with external suppliers and advisors.
- Represent finance on cross-functional commercial teams to provide robust challenge and support in a business partnering capacity.
- Act as an integral part of the finance team’s senior leadership, playing a key role in the motivation and development of the team as a whole. This will include recruitment, training, coaching and mentoring.
- Head of Corporate Accounts, Head of Strategic Finance, Finance Director, CFO
- Department Heads across the business
- UK Shared Services leadership team in Sutton Coldfield
- External auditors and advisors
- Main point of contact for the US business
Knowledge and Experience
- Qualified accountant (most likely ACA, but not a specific requirement)
- Most likely a background in practice or audit
- Post-qualification experience in commerce is desirable but not essential
- Experience in the preparation and review of statutory accounts
- Technical skills in UK GAAP, US GAAP and SOX are desirable
- Strong commercial awareness
- Proven people management skills and experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Problem solver with the ability to deliver projects using own initiative