Construction, Design & Quality Manager BLUC50974
Our client is in one of the most exciting periods in the history of the company and has set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Their new strategy, which they’ve called Destination 2018, is all about their vision for an amazing organisation.
They are committed to building homes and maintaining and improving their existing ones. They plan to build 2,000 new homes by 2018.
They now have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Construction, Design & Quality Manager to provide the technical leadership for the delivery of high quality new developments from inception through to the end of defects period, mostly across the South of England.
Reporting to a Development Director and co-ordinated nationally by their Head of Construction, Design & Quality, the successful candidate will need to be educated to degree level (or equivalent) and/or hold a relevant technical qualification e.g. CIOB, RICS, RIBA or equivalent.
• Responsible for the technical quality assurance of our clients’ schemes within an identified geography, ensuring schemes meet company standards.
• Lead a team to ensure a high standard of on-site technical expertise, quality control and supervision on all development schemes within geography.
• Encourage good practice and continuous improvement within the development team, manage and develop design champions, liaising as necessary with technical colleagues.
• Act as a knowledge expert for development employees in relation to design, specification, health and safety, and legal contracts.
• To become involved at an early stage in the development process and work with the New Business and Programme Delivery teams on areas such as construction design, specifications and in the management and resolutions of defects and overall improvement in performance in these areas.
• Represent the company at a senior level with external agencies, partners, local authorities and other Registered Providers to forge excellent relationships.
• Contribute to design/specification consistency and improvement, inputting to the company Design Guide and associated contract documentation through their Design and Technical Group.
• Trouble shooting and supporting teams on major defects.
• Proven experience of managing external contractors and consultants.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
• Up to date practical knowledge of Construction Procurement Practice
• Knowledge and experience of construction legislation, Regulator Requirements and Survey systems e.g. CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulation, COSHH, HHSRS, Condition Surveys, Structural Surveys and EPCs.
• Ability to demonstrate the Guinness Behaviours and Leadership & Management standards.
• Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating teams.
• Good knowledge and experience of non-housing construction project management e.g. commercial, highways and renewal energy.
Closing date: Tuesday 1st August at 5pm.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.