Head of IT Architecture
Purpose of the Role:
This role is key to the success of engagement with Towergate IT by the business units we serve. This will be achieved through being a nominated point of contact that is able to provide answers and solutions to the full spectrum of services provided by Towergate IT, to a defined set of business units. In addition, the role will be responsible for planning and coordinating the wider work of the IT Relationship management team to ensure all business units receive a consistent level of engagement and service from Towergate IT, across initiation, change and service.
Ideally we are looking for candidates who have a solid background working at Architect Level with Microsoft and Cloud technologies who is looking to take the next step on their career.
The role will form a key part of the IT "Shopfront" for business units to engage with Towergate IT. At the heart of the role is the ability to develop and maintain trusted relationships with both nominated business stakeholders and group IT stakeholders.
- Working in fast paced team helping drive the architecture, delivery and technical competency of the entire department forward.
- Leading and managing a small team of Solution Architects in delivering changes of all scale across the group
- Design and implement long-term strategic roadmaps and short-term tactical plans for developing and maintaining software systems and products.
- Ensure that proposed and existing systems architectures are aligned to organisational goals, budgets and objectives, as well as meeting our regulatory and compliance objectives
- Providing architectural expertise, direction, and assistance to your team and others
- Integral in developing, documenting, and communicating plans for investing in systems architecture, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Conducting research on emerging technologies in support of systems development efforts, and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and systems flexibility.
- Working with a wide range of stakeholders to develop and maintain the Towergate Architecture strategy and process.
- Work as an ambassador for the Architecture capability of Towergate both internally and externally
- Work closely with the HR and Line Managers to ensure that training and career development of the IT staff is aligned with the Technology road map and target architecture.
- Actively looking at improving the team capabilities, identifying areas of improvement across the teams and promoting improvements across all teams
Key Role Accountabilities:
- Managing a team of IT Architects
- Being responsible for management and influencing of future state business unit level technological roadmaps, including intermediate states
- Identifying architectural initiatives that drive revenue / reduce costs and improve efficiencies that are in line with individual business unit strategies
- Evaluating and updating the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies and short and long-term goals of the business lines
- Assessing vendor solutions for suitability to business need and fit to existing technology estate
- Chairing and owning relevant governance forums / processes to ensure change is delivered in a consistent and compliant manner
- Cultivating relationships with business stakeholders and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of strategic business plans in order to communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies
Qualifications & Experience:
A Degree, similar level qualification or qualified by experience.
- Proven track record of delivering innovative solutions on the current Microsoft Technology stack
- Proven experience of Technical presales and/or consultative software architecture / design
- Proven experience managing an architectural function and overseeing delivery from architectural strategy through to detailed design and implementation.
- Excellent multi-tasking and strong communication skills are essential.
- Excellent team development, mentoring and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Pragmatic and able to find the right solution for the situation whilst balancing the technically possible with the capabilities of the team, timeframes, coats and business units constraints.
- Very strong appreciation of Programming Language(s) used in the SDLC
- A keen advocate of quality and continual improvement; an agent of change
- Proactive and leading by example; hands on, involved in all tasks
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Expert and broad base of knowledge in most of the following:
- Windows, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows Server, Windows 7, Windows 8, Microsoft SQL Server.
- Internet protocols, standards and patterns such as TCP, HTTP, CGI, html/xml/vrml/sgml, SOAP, Rest, TLS/SSL, Json
- Messaging technologies, protocols and patterns such as EDI, MQ, Azure ServiceBus, SMTP, Named Pipes
- Experience with the Microsoft Application stack including Azure
- Excellent RDBMA and SQL knowledge and experience
Please apply online - No Agencies.