Manager, Risk and Regulations: Consulting
A leading Big 4 firm with a solid reputation in Financial Services for delivering quality Regulatory Advisory Services and Consulting. UK wide business with Regional presence and thorough understanding of the regulatory agenda. This position will focus on delivering Retail Regulatory engagements for a wide range of clients to transform and improve their Compliance and Risk operations.
The individual will report to a Senior Manager, supporting client engagements on site from this ever growing and ambitious team. This will require an individual who is comfortable interacting with clients for the majority of the time, reviewing their needs, policies and procedures and offering sound , up to date, technical advice to ensure they meet the Regulator’s requirements. This position offers a great variety of work across Financial Services and the opportunity to develop team management responsibility, if desired.
You will cover the following:
- A broad understanding of the Regulatory guidelines and FCA Handbook governing Retail Financial Services Banks and firms
- Ability to translate technical information into clear and concise, commercially relevant information to clients
- An understanding of the key regulatory issues and how these may affect the clients individually and the sector as a whole
- Strong team player with excellent personal organisational skills
- Awareness of potential sales opportunities to develop further projects with clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of report writing
- Ability to liaise with different people across a variety of functions and levels
- Degree or significant relevant experience
- At least two years Compliance experience within a Financial Services regulated environment
- Analytical skills to assess impacts of regulations on the market
- Consulting skills - strong communication, solution driven, pragmatic, clear presentation, trong team player