Assistant Project Manager
We are currently looking for an ambitious Assistant Project Manager to join our Design & Build Teams in Clapham. This is a client facing role so confidence and presentation skills are very important. Residential building knowledge and attention to detail is a must for this position.
About our Company
We are an Architectural Design & Build firm based in Clapham, SW9. We specialize in kitchen extension, house extension and loft conversion. Offering a full range of services from inception to completion including Design Stage, Party Wall Services and Construction Phase, we are always striving to exceed our clients' expectations and ensure that their needs and requirements are met.
About your Role
The main responsibility on this role is to provide constant support to ongoing build projects and ensure that they run smoothly, within budget and on time. Part of the job will be offering assistant to the Project Managers and liaise with sub-contractors as well as clients. Role is based 60% - 70% on site.
- Assisting the Project Manager with day-to-day site requirements
- Ordering materials and waste collections
- Update all the spreadsheets and trackers of the ongoing projects
- Speaking to clients and dealing with queries that arise in a prompt and courteous manner
- Liaising with suppliers and sub-contractors as required
- Technical background in engineering or construction industry
- Have experience in residential building projects/schemes
- Be proficient in contract administration and project management
- An understanding of current Building Regulations
- Excellent English both oral and written
- Friendly and personable
- Modeling behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and cooperation
- Establishing and maintaining trusted, long-term relationships with clients
- Effectively communicating and cooperating with stakeholders
- Taking ownership of required tasks and works
- Very organised, methodical and committed to continuous improvement
- 20 days holiday entitlement
- Allowance for travel (monthly travel card 1-4)
- Company phone
This is an exciting opportunity for any ambitious professional, who is interested in joining a growing and dynamic small business. Great opportunities for career progression for the right individual.
Please apply with a cover letter.
Salary will depend on experience.