Policy & Regulatory Affairs Manager - Insurance
My client is a globally renowned financial services group and due to exciting new changes within their group function, the Head of Regulatory Affairs has been tasked with creating and shaping a new team.
As a result, an exciting role has become available for a well-rounded Compliance professional to identify opportunity to improve the company’s regulatory environment and work collaboratively with internal and external parties to ensure that they are best placed to provide outstanding customer outcomes. The Regulatory Affairs team sits within the Group Government Relations function. One of the key roles of the team is to manage the function’s work on regulatory policy and working closely with the Head of Regulatory Affairs, you will be tasked with
- Ensuring the Group’s regulatory policy priorities are effectively communicated and that the Group is playing an active role in driving the regulatory policy agenda.
- Working on prudential and conduct regulatory policy, monitoring, analysing and responding to relevant PRA and FCA initiatives
- Supporting the Director of Group Government Relations in ensuring that the Group’s regulatory policy priorities are effectively communicated to government, member associations and other stakeholders, and that the Group is playing a visible role in driving the regulatory policy agenda.
- Writing and supporting others in writing briefings for senior executives on regulatory policy issues, and to prepare them for meetings with external stakeholders.
- Acting as a source of expert advice on regulatory policy to senior executives, within the Government Relations team, and across the business as appropriate. Act as a point of liaison within the Group Compliance team on Regulatory Policy developments.
- To represent the firm on relevant external bodies and associations as required.
- Relevant Policy or Regulatory Affairs experience preferably gained in an Insurance or Life environment.
- Good understanding of the UK Insurance regulatory environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work independently and manage workload effectively
- A good team player