Retail and Hospitality Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Retail and Hospitality Manager to oversee the delivery of a high quality, timely, responsive, cost-effective and pro-active retail and hospitality services across the site at Hammersmith Hospital, meeting the needs of the visitors and staff on site.
You’ll be directly responsible for the performance delivery of the Retail and Catering Outlets to include Hospitality, Costa and Subway concessions and Sodexo branded outlets including vending.
We are looking for someone who has strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels, along with good time management and organisational skills.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, and retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week – 5 over 7 days. Flexibility is a must.
Access to a variety of Sodexo benefits and discounts, flexible benefit fund, bonus and pension schemeMain responsibilities
- Ensure retail margins are improved upon and budgetary requirements are met
- Deploy a Retail team, assessing workload schedules and allocating resource as required whilst prioritising urgent requests
- Ensure that all procedures for security, safety, health and fire precautions are adhered to
- Manage and operate all back office systems and facilitate the use of company systems and procedures
- Manage the work of all Catering/Retail staff in order to maintain and deliver a quality service according to set work schedules and procedures
- Undertake weekly monitoring of quality control systems for the Catering service through appropriate IT systems
- Control the receipt and issue of materials and equipment ensuring clear stock control at all times
- Build and maintain effective relationships with staff, clients and other departmental managers
- Work in partnership with Sodexo managers, supervisors, client staff and colleagues
- Assist in, organise and implement appropriate training in line with personal development plans and divisional business plans.
- Proven experience of Catering/Retail
- Strong management experience or supervision of supervisors
- Experience in delivering training in Catering/Retail, using company guidelines
- Effective communication and customer care skills with patients, visitors, customers, clients, and staff
- Financial awareness in managing budget
- Understanding of relevant Health and Safety, Employment and other legislative requirements
- Knowledge of NHS policies, equipment requirements, management
- Proven IT skills
- Ability to deal with stressful situations with a flexible approach to the role.
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilitiesmanagement services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Retail and Hospitality Manager, Hospitality, Catering, Retail, Healthcare