Sales Ledger Co-ordinator
Position: Sales Ledger Co-ordinator
Department/Office: Finance Department
Responsible to: Financial Controller
Salary: £19,000 per annum
Physical Location: London
Duration: Permanent - Full time (5 days / 35 hrs per week)
Common Purpose, a commercially focussed social enterprise dedicated to global leadership development, is currently looking for a dynamic and ambitious professional to join us as Sales Ledger Co-ordinator. This represents a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to take the next step in their professional career. Full of energy, drive and with a can-do attitude you will work closely with the Financial Controller.
Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment you will be responsible for ensuring that our Finance team is supported to meet business goals. We are looking for someone who shares our values and is passionate about making the world a better place. At the same time, a pragmatic and commercial approach is essential as well as the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation. The successful candidate will have some experience of working in a Finance role and experience of a hybrid commercial/not-for-profit environment would be a plus.
Common Purpose’s Finance team supports both the Common Purpose group, that includes a UK company and UK-based international entities consisting of Common Purpose Charitable Trust (parent company), Common Purpose International, Common Purpose Global Customised Ltd, Common Purpose Student Experiences and Common Purpose Asia Pacific Ltd.
Main purpose of the role
The main purpose of this role is to support the office and finance administration of Common Purpose. This will require you to work closely with the Finance team and ensure that the Sales Ledger & Cash Book are managed effectively. It also requires the successful candidate to work across the organization globally.
Scope of the role
A self-starter, with international experience, you will have a strong ability to work on your own initiative, and working with an agile team in maintaining financial records. You will also have experience in using sales ledger files, as this role will require you to effectively work on the Sales Ledger and Cash book while being able to multi-task in an energetic, fast-paced global team.
This role entails, but not limited to, the following:
- Reviewing and processing sales transactions while checking sales pipeline and income forecasts against sales entries and general code
- Checking daily import of bank statements for completeness and accuracy
- Providing general support to office administration, acting as Point of Contact for Financial Communications with staff and external parties
- Managing and maintaining the Sales Ledger & Cash Book, being responsible for cash book reconciliation
- Maintaining up to date and accurate records on the Sales Ledger and general office systems, being able to resolve any unidentified receipts by month end
- Updating the debtors publication to group companies on a weekly basis in addition to completing the month end closure and preparation of aged debtors reports
- Reconcile the balance sheet for: accrued income, deferred income, aged debtors to debtors control, cash book to bank statement, holding income, holding payment account, bad debts and maintaining income analysis data
- Proactively liaising with the business teams to ensure early invoicing and regarding inconsistencies against accounting records
- Reviewing and processing sales transactions (sales ledger invoices, credit notes and cash receipts)
- Having a strong understanding of how to communicate with business units on invoices and credit notes along with resolving any discrepancies and following up on specific invoicing matters
- Regularly expedite debt chasing for 30 day plus outstanding debts
- Using the financial system to check daily import of bank statements for completeness and accuracy and matching payments against open invoices
Qualifications, experience and competences
We will consider candidates from any background provided they can demonstrate the relevance of their skills and experience and a sense of entrepreneurialism.
The person appointed will essentially demonstrate:
- High level administrative and organization skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to assimilate complex information, identifying key issues and communicate these clearly and concisely.
- An understanding of and commitment to Common Purpose’s mission, values and behaviours
- Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English.
- Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular Excel
- Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures
- Ability to operate both independently and within a team
- Experience of a flexible approach to managing and prioritising a high workload and multiple tasks in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- The ability to work flexibly with a hands on approach
Qualifications, experience and competences
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting or AAT qualification or 2 years’ experience in a similar finance or accounting position
For those interested please apply directly with your detailed CV and letter of intent.