Health Influencing Officer - Social Care Policy
At Age UK we work to influence government and other decision-makers to help make later life better for older people today and tomorrow. We do this by developing new thinking and approaches on how things like health and care services can better meet older people’s needs.
We are looking to recruit a Health Influencing Officer to help with this vital work. You will develop public policy proposals and help to influence decision makers on issues relating to older people’s social care and health.
• Conduct analysis to support the development of public policy recommendations and to respond to proposals from Government, regulators, professional bodies, and international bodies.
• Apply robust evidence to analysis and influencing, drawing on a wide range of sources (including statistics, external research and older people’s views and experiences); working with Research colleagues to understand the evidence base.
• Apply a good understanding of the relevant issues to analysis and influencing, including knowledge of sector-specific issues, older people/ageing, and influencing processes.
• Be an advocate for older people by developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships, representing Age UK on committees, speaking at seminars/conferences, and developing effective partnerships.
• Support Age UK’s influencing through the media by providing insight and guidance for Media colleagues, when necessary.
For a full list of role responsibilities, please refer to the Job Pack.
• Strong skills in policy development with a focus on evidence, understanding political and policy contexts, and finding solutions.
• Good oral and written communication skills with the ability to present issues in a persuasive, accessible style to a range of different audiences.
• Ability to support complex influencing activities, alone or with colleagues, and to set priorities and meet tight deadlines.
• Policy analysis and supporting the development of robust policy proposals.
• Experience of the subject area and/or older people’s issues.
• Using statistical and research evidence an advantage.
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our services, advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
We offer a range of benefits including:
• 26 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
• Competitive pension with employer contribution of up to 9%
• BUPA Cash Plan
• Cycle scheme
• Childcare vouchers
• Life insurance
• Staff perks discounts
• Learning and development schemes
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
All job offers are subject to receipt of satisfactory references.