Operations Analyst (24x7 Shift)
Up to £25,000
Are you a logical thinker with great attention to detail?
Fancy being responsible for some seriously important IT systems?
Want to work for a global company with opportunities for progression?
We’re looking for an IT professional to help keep our business critical systems running at maximum efficiency.
Our 24/7 Service Centre Operations team ensures that all core Computershare systems are available at all times and operating just as they should be. This includes monitoring system performance, responding to alerts then fixing and escalating where necessary.
Computershare is a financial services company with 16,000 employees in 21 countries. We invest US$150 million into our IT systems every year - technology drives everything we do.
What will I be doing?
Logging the technical issues, diagnosing the root causes and following them through to resolution
Working closely with your team to find solutions whilst knowing when to escalate
Monitoring systems and applications for failures and putting them right
Performing general housekeeping/maintenance on our various critical systems.
- Excellent attention to detail - you spot things most people don’t
- Good verbal and written communication skills - you understand that people skills are just as important as technical know how
- A willingness to work flexible hours/shifts
- A great team player - you help others and know when to ask for help
- An understanding of Microsoft tools & systems
- Self-motivated - you’re willing to take a project and own it
- A huge enthusiasm for all things IT-related - you’re eager to learn new technologies
Your benefits package
You’ll enjoy 25 days holiday, an excellent pension, an employee share plan so you can own a part of the company (with BOGOF shares), and a great range of flexible benefits to choose from, including the option to buy additional annual leave.
Our current office is located in Edinburgh Park and is easily commutable, however we will be moving to a brand new facility in the city centre in late 2018 with great bus, train and tram transport links.
What’s it like to work at Computershare?
Here’s what some of the team told us:
- Job satisfaction "I’m trusted to deliver and I’m able to influence things. I’m quite junior but I know I make a difference."
- Innovating "We’re encouraged to challenge the status quo - everything can be challenged and improved upon"
- Development "I regularly work outside of my core area - I’ve learnt so much in the last year and it’s opening up opportunities for me."
- The team "We’re a close knit group - everyone rolls their sleeves up and gets stuck in. It’s a bit cheesy to say we’re friends rather than colleagues, but it’s true!"
A truly diverse place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.
Computershare Investor Services PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.