Financial Reporting Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a listed international leisure business as a Financial Reporting Manager. This role has 4 direct reports and is responsible for leading the Financial Reporting team, which includes financial accounting, management reporting, planning and projections, and ownership of the SOX process, together with the internal and external audit relationships. This is a great opportunity for someone with a technical accounting background to expand their commercial skill set. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years industry experience having trained in an accountancy practice.
The main responsibilities include:
Internal and External Financial Reporting and Planning
- Manage the Financial Reporting team, who are responsible for the accounting and reporting of the company's UK results under US GAAP for internal reporting and UK GAAP for statutory reporting.
- Lead the process of coordinating and submitting the monthly projections and month-end actuals to US corporate team.
- Own the production of key financial presentations for senior management.
- Lead the 1Y and 3Y financial planning process by managing the timetable and coordinating the wider finance team in preparing, reviewing and submitting a robust budget and supporting presentation deck.
- Manage and oversee the preparation and audit of the UK statutory accounts.
- Own the SOX control framework for the UK business, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place, and that they are being adhered to. Coordinate the controls audit with internal and external audit teams.
- Lead the Finance Analyst in the management of the budgeting and reporting/analysis on the G&A cost base of around £60m, partnering with budget owners across the business, and providing timely and insightful analysis to drive cost savings and strategic initiatives.
Capital Expenditure and Fixed Assets
- Lead the Capex planning process with budget owners and senior management, taking the responsibility for the optimal utilisation of available funds.
- Take a leadership role in the strategy, planning and accounting for major projects across the business
- Manage the Construction Finance team, who are responsible for the accounting processes around fixed assets and capital investment.