Temporary 2 month position. START ASAP.
We are looking for an experienced Building Manager for a high-end residential property situated in East London.
As Building Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the safety of the building's residents and visitors. You will be pro-active and confident at supervising, with experience of liaising and working closely with outside contractors and maintenance and security staff.
- Deal with administrative matters relating to management of the building and staff
- Ensure the security of the building is maintained; taking responsibility and appropriate action in a crisis (e.g. fire, flood, intruders)
- Work closely in co-operation with the Managing Agent(s); keeping them informed about events and issues which affect the buildings, monitoring expenditure and providing written building/ maintenance reports if required
- Maintain a detailed log book recording visits by contractors (e.g. lift engineers, gardeners)
- Monitor changes of occupation and keep records
- Supervise cleaners and ensure that sufficient cover for both cleaning and maintenance staff is provided at all time; to involve the provision of rotas, overseeing and agreeing overtime, etc.
- Monitor the presence of workmen around the building and supervise their activities to ensure minimum disturbance to residents and compliance with the code of practice.
- Maintain an effective managerial relationship with staff; motivating staff, training staff (including compliance of health & safety procedures) and ensuring that high standards are met
The successful candidate must have the personality and the ability to deal with owners and residents in a courteous, friendly and efficient manner.
Critically, you will be confident at leading by example and looking for a real opportunity to make a difference in a residential environment.
You will have:
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- A good awareness of Health & Safety legislation with NEBOSH and IOSH certification (essential) and BIFM certification (desirable)
- A strong ability to work within a pressurised environment with first-class organisational and planning skills
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
If this sounds like you please apply today! If this particular role isn't quite right, get in touch and let us find you something more suitable.
* Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications received we are unable to respond to every applicant. We apologise in advance. *