An independent foundation in Westminster is looking for a Facilities Officer, with knowledge in IT Systems.
Your new company
An independent foundation based in Westminster, London is looking to fill a full-time role for a Facilities Officer, with knowledge in IT Systems.
Your new role
Overview of the Position:
Working Monday - Friday, your role will involve both IT and Facilities Officer duties:
- Assist with user IT queries including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and escalating where necessary
- Set up new users on the network and with other relevant software
- Order and configure new laptops with the standard company image
- Have a good knowledge of the company's IT security standards, procedures, and guidelines for IT provision and enforce these
- Liaise with outsourced IT support where required
- Provide support with the implementation of IT projects
- Assist in identifying user training needs and help to develop solutions, including creation of training documents
- Assist with the daily functioning of the office, making sure that everything is run in a smooth and efficient manner
- Work within the budget for the office, seek value for money through procurement exercises and obtaining quotes where required
- Liaise with the building managing agents for issues such as contractor access and general queries
- Arrange passes, security fobs and locker allocations for new members of staff, update and regularly audit relevant databases
- Sorting and distributing all incoming mail
- Booking both UK and international couriers
- Maintain and update relevant documentation
- Complete PEEP forms (Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans) for staff when needed
- Ensure all new staff have completed Fire Emergency multimedia training and regularly audit
What you'll need to succeed
- Must have good understanding of business processes including the outsourcing of procured services
- Experience of supporting users and maintenance of hardware (including tablets and mobiles), software, printers/scanners and other office equipment
- Basic awareness of Health and Safety legislation and able to support in implementation and monitoring
- Experience of delivering work to tight deadlines
- Attentive to detail, understands the importance of gathering and processing information accurately
- Delivers on personal commitments in order to build trust and credibility
- Takes time and actively listens to thoroughly understand the needs and aspirations of colleagues and contacts. Presents spoken and written information clearly and concisely.
- Recognises areas of one's own weakness and seeks guidance and support;
- Tackles difficult problems, seeks to understand the reason for obstacles and takes personal responsibility for finding solutions
- Makes time to help colleagues with their work and prioritises team goals over personal preferences or interests
PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST HAVE STRONG IT EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE
What you'll get in return
You will receive 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holiday's and an additional 3 days at Christmas. You will also be enrolled onto our Principle Civil Service Pension Scheme. We also offer flexible working, allowing you to work from home on occasions.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.