Assistant Branch Manager - London
Our client is an International Public Sector banking and financial services company, based in London. They are looking for a Assistant Branch Manager to join their growing team and assist various branches within London and around.
To oversee the operational aspects of the branch and manage the personal bankers’ operational duties. Whilst the Area Branch Manager has the ultimate responsibility at Branch level, he or she has a greater business development responsibility than previously and will often be operating off premises. As such, the Assistant Branch Manager will frequently be in charge of the branch with a direct reporting line to his Area Branch Manager and a dotted line relationship with Head Retail Operations.
- Takes joint responsibility with the Area Branch Manager to ensure branch operational excellence.
- Acts as Line Manager for all Personal Bankers / Cashiers for operational performance.
- Joint custody for cash, valuable, security forms and lockers (master key/ outdoor key) including overnight holding of keys and combination numbers to cash and locker safe.
- Single custody of loan documents.
- One set of branch keys including codes of alarm panel as second point contact in emergencies.
- Supervision, control and passing all cash transactions and monitoring of cash department work.
- Ensuring AML and KYC guidelines are followed for Cash transactions and Remittances.
- Entering Inventory of the security forms in the computer.
- Authorising debits to constituent’s accounts and office accounts except debit to suspense, sundry deposit and profit and loss accounts (revenue or expenditure accounts) to agreed levels.
- Control, monitoring, supervision including checking of entries and balancing of bills received for collection and issue of delivered orders when required.
- Control follow up and checking of postage and despatch of letters.
- Control of stationery; monitoring the stock of stationery and reordering.
- Checking and signing of Demand Drafts (as primary verifier) issued at the branch.
- Checking of all inward clearing transactions and authorising vouchers thereof, maintenance and reconciliation of accounts.
- Checking of all returns and all payments from charges.
- Assisting the Branch Manager on the general administration of the branch.
- Ensuring staff punctuality and attendance.
- Ensuring Customer service and handling of customer complaints.
- Over all supervision of the branch routine, including allocation of work in emergencies.
- Reconciliation of NatWest, LMB-SBI and other office accounts.
- Checking of account opening/closing.
- Handling of all loan accounts, appraisal, supervision, follow up and maintenance of files, etc.
- Calculations of drawing power and submission to BM for authorisation.
- Assisting the Branch Manager in preparation/compiling of loan application; and assessment of limits, new advance proposals/renewal of existing loans.
- Checking of KYC requirements independently or in conjunction with Branch Manager.
- Maintenance of Loan documents.
- Maintenance of loan related registers.
- Opening and closing of the office premises on a daily basis.
- General Supervision of cleanliness, decorum and orderliness of the office.
- Data Security for branch data and follow of record retention policy.
- Cover for Clerk-Cashier/ Branch Manager.
- Branch Audit and reviews
- Fax, word processing, data base preparation in standard package software, email, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of banking operations & procedures
- Good staff management skills
- Customer focussed
- Enhanced organisational skills
- Willing to take on extra responsibility from time to time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Identifies and develops opportunities; innovates and make things happen.
- Self-driven and self-reliant - set aims and targets, and leads by example.
- Results oriented.
- Self-assured and confident.
- Prior experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- Able to work on some weekend (Candidates would be required to work a minimum of 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays a month)
- Working 5 days out of 7 per week.
- Flexible to travel to other branches.
If you feel you are suitable for the role, hit 'Apply'