Security & Compliance Analyst
A new position has arisen for a Security & Compliance Analyst to work within Telecoms & IT in London offers a salary range of up to £42k dependent on experience + 15% Bonus + Benefits
Please do not apply for this role, unless you have the following skills and experience, as our client will not consider you:
*Experienced in writing information security policies and technical documents.
* Experience of compliance with the Data Protection Act and an understanding of what GDPR will require.
* A good all-round knowledge of IT systems, platforms, networking and security technologies.
* Good knowledge of ISO27001.
About the Client
Our client is a very innovative, exciting and fast-paced technology software & services and telecoms organisation. They offer bleeding-edge products and a great, diverse, fast-paced and dynamic culture. To support their growth, they are looking to hire an enthusiastic and experienced person to fill this important Security & Compliance Analyst role for them, reporting in to the Security & Compliance Manager.
Main Purpose of the Role
The role is responsible for defining, implementing and communicating Information Security Compliance Requirements across all countries within which our client has a presence.
- Development and maintenance of global policies and standards which support our client’s development and operational activities, including the assurance and governance of policies and standards in support of ISO27001.
- Ensuring that all policies and procedures are well documented and implemented, performing periodic internal reviews and identifying compliance problems that call for formal attention.
- Development of risk management strategies to detect non-compliance with security policies, and track and manage exceptions to security policy.
- Continual improvement of the Information Security Management System to assure compliance with ISO27001 certification.
- Provision of support to Corporate Sales when bidding for new accounts and help to manage the relationships with suppliers/ partners to ensure levels of Security & Continuity capabilities are commensurate.
- Pro-active identification of weak security controls by way of conducting security reviews, and provision of recommendations for improvement to the relevant teams.
- Maintenance and improvement of the security awareness campaign across our client’s business.
- Support for security incident response activities.
- Support for the formalisation of regular vulnerability assessments and risk-driven patch management.
- Support for security initiatives in line with the security roadmap.
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience writing information security policies and technical documents.
- Very good knowledge of ISO27001.
- Experience of working in a customer-facing role to ensure customer security requirements are met.
- Experience of compliance with the Data Protection Act and an understanding of what GDPR will require.
- A good all-round knowledge of IT systems, platforms, networking and security technologies.
- Good communication, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work proactively with business stakeholders to implement corrective actions to security gaps.