Accounts Payable Clerk
- Accounts Payable Clerk
- £23,000 -£28,000 plus benefits
- Central London
- International Retail Business
An Accounts Payable Clerk is required to work within a leading international fashion retailer based in London, due to expansion within the Finance team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an internationally recognisable brand that has exceptional growth plans over the next few years.
Reporting to the Management Accountant, you will be responsible for taking full ownership of the accounts payable ledger including dealing with high volume of invoices, doing payment runs and assisting with month end. Duties will include:
- Taking ownership for processing up to 200 purchase ledger invoices per week
- Preparing payment runs
- Matching PO’s to invoices
- Point of contact for any internal or external AP queries
- Handling employee expenses
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Maintaining Aged creditors
- Handling bank postings and reconciliations
- Heavily involved in process improvements
- Assist Management Accountant at month end
The successful candidate will have at least 1-year experience working within an accounts payable function and will have experience of handling high volumes of invoices. Experience working within the retail or multi-site industry is highly desirable. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and the role will suit a proactive and confident individual as you will need to have the ability to build relationships with key suppliers and non-finance stakeholders. Ideally you will be studying towards ACCA, CIMA or AAT and be keen to progress in line with the company’s growth.
You will be working in a sociable and entrepreneurial environment where hard work is rewarded through a generous benefits package including heavily discounted brand products and study support should you prove yourself within the business. This is a great opportunity to progress and develop your career within an international business that invests in their people and has an unrivalled culture.