Surveyor / Estimator
The Surveyor/ Estimator will have an extremely crucial role within the business and will be joining a team renowned for their exceptional client service who are currently winning a variety of high end residential contracts in London, Essex & Hertfordshire. Your role will include carrying out and assisting site based surveys and setting out tasks. The work will be undertaken across our varied projects in London, Essex & Hertfordshire Assisting Directors to create pricing schedules for properties and developments, in accordance with the Letting Standard and other relevant documentation. Work is office and site based. It involves a lot of time out of the office, attending meetings, visiting sites and meeting with clients.
Advising about building/property issues, which can include technical, financial, legal, environmental/sustainability, building regulation and restoration matters Undertaking building surveys, monitoring the deterioration or defects of a property and offering advice on repair work, assessing the impact of unexpected damage on insurance, for example after a fire or flood, writing technical reports, negotiating the repair of work or a financial settlement if required, planning and overseeing building work on small projects that don’t require an architect, managing projects and/or multidisciplinary teams
Key skills for building surveyors
·Organisational skills and an eye for detail
·Willingness to work outside in all conditions
·Interest in and firm knowledge of the built environment, including building regulations and health and safety legislation
·An understanding of how their recommendations will affect a construction project's profitability
·Relationship-building skills and a strong understanding of good customer service
·IT skills, including knowledge of industry-specific software
·Be analytically minded, with strong problem-solving skills
·Interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
·Excellent project and time management skills
·Team working skills
- Attending site and team meetings to ensure there is a good understanding of the required works, timelines and standard of work.
- Conduct regular quality checks and surveys of sites ensuring structural amendments are adhered to and do not affect the overall structure of the building.
- Carryout Setting Out and Leveling off duties
- Carryout Movement Monitoring surveys
- Preparing MS Word based template reports and amending to site specific
- Ensure Health & Safety is adhered to at all times.
- Offering a customer focused service practically.
- Identify structural defects when on site and reporting to consultants.
- Ensuring there is a clear communication with head office and site
- Report progress and challenges i.e. defect diagnosis, technical due diligence
- To liaise with internal and external contractors from the onset of refurbishments and major repairs through to satisfactory completion.
- Managing budgets within agreed financial limits
- Maintaining accurate records and managing documentation for work specifications and quotations
- Managing the performance of external contractors to ensure maintenance work is carried out in accordance with contract specifications and programmes
- Ensuring works are carried out in line with policies and procedures and ensuring health and safety and regulatory compliance are met.
Skills and experiences:
- Ideally, you will be educated to HND level (or equivalent) in building surveying or similar
- Proven experience of managing small to medium scale refurbishment projects
- Demonstrable track record of working within a maintenance, construction or property management environment
- Proven background of working with others to delivery maintenance related works, including indirect reports and third party suppliers
- A company van will be provided for business use only, therefore a full, valid driving license is essential.
- Working towards a surveying qualification (minimum)
- Previous experience of working within a similar role.
- Previous Setting out experience (Essential)
- Experience in Precision measuring (Preferred)
- Good understanding of MS Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge and experience in adhering to the Health & Safety legislation, with particular regard to working at height, ladders, manual handling
- Excellent Organisational, planning and time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic, ambitious with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Strong communication, motivational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work flexible hours
Salary is negotiable but in the region of £22,000 - £27,000, dependent on experience.
Full UK Driving License required.
UNFORTUNATELY WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO RESPOND TO SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS